Major *ModSlutSmack* add-on! Rare grog stuff inside!

Some of you have requested some of the more obscure weapons to be included in the ModSlutSmack small arms pack. But when I was doing the full pack I was up to my neck in guns and had about enough of them.

Last week I felt like doing some modding and came up with some pretty interesting new stuff for you small arms grogs.

This add-on is available as a separate download (I’ve deleted MSS_updates 1 and 2 from the CMMods database and included them in this add-on pack). The full pack has been updated to the latest version as well, complete with updated readme and monster preview screenshot which can be viewed on the CM:AK page of my website.

What’s in the add-on, you ask?:

FG-42 Assault rifle (replaces MP-44).

MP-41 SMG (replaces MP-40). Heh, never even knew it existed!

Volksgewehr 1-5 SMG (replaces MP-40), Germany’s last ditch infantry SMG project.

Mauser Kar 98k all NEW texture.

Gewehr 43 (replaces Mauser Kar 98k).

Johnson M-41 rifle (replaces M-1 Garand), for you Pacific conversion freaks.

M1 Carbine with folding stock (replaces M1 Carbine).

Sten MK-V SMG (replaces Sten MK-II).

Sten MK-V SMG with front grip (replaces Sten MK-II).

Lanchester MK-I SMG (replaces Sten MK-II). Pretty much a Royal Navy exclusive.

No.1 MK-III (SMLE) Enfield rifle (replaces No.4 MK-I Enfield).

Thompson M-1928 SMG (replaces Thompson SMG).

This brings the pack to a total number of some 52 different weapons and options. For those who haven’t even heard of this mod, here’s a complete list of the weapons included:

MG-42 HMG (two versions)

MP-44 Assault rifle

FG-42 Assault rifle option

MP-40 SMG, extended stock

MP-40 SMG, folded stock option

MP-41 SMG option

Volksgewehr 1-5 option

No.2 Mk-I Enfield pistol

Webley .38 MK-IV pistol option

Browning automatic pistol

Smith & Wesson .38 pistol option

Mauser Kar K-98 rifle (two versions)

Gewehr 43 option

Generic rifle scope

Colt Model 1911-A1 Pistol

Modele 35 pistol option

Beretta 34 pistol

M-1 Garand rifle

Johnson M-41 rifle option

Carcano rifle

M-1 Carbine

M-1 Carbine with ammo pouch option

M-1 Carbine with folding stock option

Beretta SMG

M3a1 Grease gun

Sten MK-II SMG

Sten MK-V SMG option

Sten MK-V SMG with front grip option

Lanchester MK-I SMG option

Browning Automatic Rifle

MG-34 HMG

MG-34 HMG dark stock option

Browning M1919 MMG

M2 .50cal HMG

Lüger pistol

Walther P-38 pistol option

Mauser Broomhandle pistol option

No.4 MK-1 Enfield rifle (two versions)

No.1 MK-III (SMLE) Enfield option

Thompson SMG (two versions)

Thompson M1928 SMG option

MG-42 LMG (two versions)

MG-34 LMG

MG-34 LMG dark stock option

Bren LMG

Springfield 1903 rifle

Fusil MAS-36 rifle

Chatellerault MG

Also included are all associated gunrack icons as well as over forty generic vehicle MG’s!

That’s enough advertising for now, methinks. ;)

Download the full ModSlutSmack small arms pack or its separate add-on pack at CMMods.com.

Originally posted by Kobal2:

The MP-41 is the one with dual mags, right ?

nope... that would be the MP-40.II

the MP-41 is the "new version" of the MP-40 that was phased in during the war, wich used wooden stocks instead of plastic ones...

Then there is the MP-41® wich is the PPSh-41 converted to fire 9mm ammo from the MP-40 mag

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kobal2:

The MP-41 is the one with dual mags, right ?

nope... that would be the MP-40.II

the MP-41 is the "new version" of the MP-40 that was phased in during the war, wich used wooden stocks instead of plastic ones...

Then there is the MP-41® wich is the PPSh-41 converted to fire 9mm ammo from the MP-40 mag </font>

Originally posted by Admiral Keth:

Love that broomhandle mauser. Is that the .30 or the 9mm?

I have absolutely no idea. :D

BTW, have you guys noticed how the Volksgewehr 1-5 conveniently uses the same clip as the MP44?

And if anyone can tell me the difference (if any)between an MP-44 and a StG-44, that'd be nice.

there is none... it was called the MP-44 (MachinenPistole or somesuch) for the simple reason that Hitler didnt like the thought of a sturmgewehr. But they still went ahead (behind his back) and developed and produced it as the MP-44 (a smg by name) until he found out and ordered an immediate cease in production. The weapon was so popular amongst the men tho, that there was a petition to get it back, and hitler (for once) bowed to the will of the masses (well... the army) and ordered the production to be resumed...

did i miss something grogs?

Not quite - the original design was called the Maschinenkarabiner 1942 (MKb 42) and was designed by Haenel. Hitler, disgusted by squabbling between the different armed forces over firearms specifications, cancelled all rifle development, and this included the MKb 42. Development of this rifle was continued in secret, however, and in 1943 the developers, after making design changes, produced an improved version they called the Maschinenpistole 43. This new name was to dupe Hitler into thinking the MP 43 was a continuing upgrade of current light submachine gun designs. In 1944, Hitler, with the Army's prompting, saw the brilliance of the MP 43 design and, in an attempted propaganda boost, declared its official name to be the Sturmgewehr 44. Same rifle, different name.

Yeah, but what is it? What's it look like? If I can lay my hands on a decent picture of it, I might even make you one. But I'm going to need more info for any serious search attempt for such a rare weapon.

BTW, thanks. :cool:

Originally posted by Denwad:

captured PPSH-41 I believe.

I'm guessing because of the ® designation means Russich, or Russian in english.

ummm... check my post dude... its written right there

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

Then there is the MP-41® wich is the PPSh-41 converted to fire 9mm ammo from the MP-40 mag

Oddball, thanks for the link. Interesting read too. It shouldn't be too difficult. I'll give it a go, one of these weeks, that is.

Denwad, I think Oddball is referring to a post further up this page.