Leafy Camo - comments, please!

Hi folks,

I was putzing around with PhotoShop and an idea for a leafy camouflage pattern for the Jagdpanther. I haven't done any historical research, though I've seen pictures of StuG's and Mark IV's piled high with leafy branches. I don't know if anyone else has posted such a scheme, but I'd like your comments on what is still a work in progress. Thanks!

[edited to remove image for speedier downloading]

[ April 09, 2004, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: GoofyStance ]

Thanks for the compliments and comments, it all helps when I'm muttering over an unexpected and unwanted effect during my leafy camo modding ;) This is my first attempt too, aside of an aborted attempt to create a shell penetration mod, so I'm learning as I go. I based the leaf colors on a picture taken of foliage in my backyard last summer, and surprisingly the colors are very similar to those of the CMAK deciduous trees. Regarding the coloration of dead leaves, I used the same picture, which shows a pile of cottonwood ranches I'd cut down some two weeks previously. The leaves were shriveled, but still retained their coloration (incidentally, they were brighter on the undersides than on the top sides, causing the mottled effect I'm trying to replicate in the screen shot I posted.) I'm currently working on more 3D shading - and also on creating a few branches to partly underlay the foliage. A work in progress ...

Edit - By the way, I'm assuming the panzer crews used ropes slung across their AFV's to tie the branches in place. If I'm wrong, I hope a grog will set me straight.

[ April 03, 2004, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: GoofyStance ]

Mikey,

Thanks for posting that link - your leafy camo is a nice mod. Gives me more of an idea on what to do with my own, though my hard drive crashed yesterday and I had to rebuild it from scratch. So my modding will be delayed a few days until I get everything loaded once again.

By the way, was that Hetzer suffering an untimely end ...? ;)

Ok, now that my computer is back up and running, and I've got a better idea of what to do and not do with my leafy camo mod, how do these two Jagdpanther (early) mods look so far with summer and fall foliage, complete with branches poking out here and there? Any and all comments and suggestions are welcomed - thanks!

Jagdpanther%20Leafy%20Mod.jpg