I thought mail order only

Just wondering... is this version going to be in stores same as the shipping times?

'Combat Mission 3: Afrika Korps' Ships To Stores

Posted by Rainier on Thursday, November 27 @ 12:58:27 PST

War gamers have been eagerly awaiting this and it's finally here. November 28th marks the release of the strategy hit "Combat Mission 3"."Afrika Korps" plunges you into dramatic battles in the African desert between 1940 and 1942. It allows you to lead the invasion of Crete and land smack bang in the middle of the bitter defensive combat for Italy and Sicily. Do you already master tactics like ambush, flank attacks and defensive manoeuvres? Can you effectively use powerful tanks like "Wolverine", "Tiger" or "Firefly"? Then you're what we need for "Combat Mission 3: Afrika Korps"! On sale everywhere from Friday 28th November!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering... is this version going to be in stores same as the shipping times?

War gamers have been eagerly awaiting this and it's finally here. November 28th marks the release of the strategy hit "Combat Mission 3"."Afrika Korps" plunges you into dramatic battles in the African desert between 1940 and 1942. It allows you to lead the invasion of Crete and land smack bang in the middle of the bitter defensive combat for Italy and Sicily. Do you already master tactics like ambush, flank attacks and defensive manoeuvres? Can you effectively use powerful tanks like "Wolverine", "Tiger" or "Firefly"? Then you're what we need for "Combat Mission 3: Afrika Korps"! On sale everywhere from Friday 28th November!!!

I just saw it on the shelf at EB Games in Germany today. And to clarify - there is a retail version out in Europe (and in Japan), but for everybody else it's mail order only through us. In other words, all is as it used to be with CMBB. The only exception is that people in Europe now have to choice of buying in retail or directly through Battlefront.

Martin

I just saw it on the shelf at EB Games in Germany today. And to clarify - there is a retail version out in Europe (and in Japan), but for everybody else it's mail order only through us. In other words, all is as it used to be with CMBB. The only exception is that people in Europe now have to choice of buying in retail or directly through Battlefront.

Martin

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

Martin

Moon,

I think that it is the timing of what is happening that is the most important aspect of this thread. We who pre-ordered CMAK have to wait for December 5th for the shipping to start when folks in Europe already have theirs.

Martin

Moon,

I think that it is the timing of what is happening that is the most important aspect of this thread. We who pre-ordered CMAK have to wait for December 5th for the shipping to start when folks in Europe already have theirs.

Martin

Moon,

Right, and rest assured that this was neither planned, nor is it that Matt is sitting on printed boxes of the game and giggling smile.gif

Our stuff is in production, and as soon as we have all materials picked and prepared in the warehouse, it'll go out. CDV had an amazingly quick turnaround time (understandable under the pressures of retail to get the product out into stores on time for x-mas season).

Martin

Right, and rest assured that this was neither planned, nor is it that Matt is sitting on printed boxes of the game and giggling smile.gif

Our stuff is in production, and as soon as we have all materials picked and prepared in the warehouse, it'll go out. CDV had an amazingly quick turnaround time (understandable under the pressures of retail to get the product out into stores on time for x-mas season).

Martin

Martin

Originally posted by Soddball:

Why? It's a legitimate concern. I'm in Europe but chose to order through BFC rather than just walk out to the shops. I have to wait an extra fortnight before the game turns up.

I will echo that. Even though I am a big fan of the series I am still a paying customer and it feels weird that I have to wait for my copy longer than someone who has bought his copy from somewhere else.