I thought mail order only

Originally posted by Soddball:

Why? It's a legitimate concern. I'm in Europe but chose to order through BFC rather than just walk out to the shops. I have to wait an extra fortnight before the game turns up.

I will echo that. Even though I am a big fan of the series I am still a paying customer and it feels weird that I have to wait for my copy longer than someone who has bought his copy from somewhere else.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Soddball:

Why? It's a legitimate concern. I'm in Europe but chose to order through BFC rather than just walk out to the shops. I have to wait an extra fortnight before the game turns up.

I will echo that. Even though I am a big fan of the series I am still a paying customer and it feels weird that I have to wait for my copy longer than someone who has bought his copy from somewhere else.

I'll have to agree with Mr.Dorosh. Although I enjoy CDV's Special Editions of both CMBO and CMBB, when we order direct from Battlefront more money goes direct to Battlefront.

At least I know my money is used for the next CM game....so I can wait an extra few weeks for my copy, and I'll buy the CDV Special Edition of CMAK when it comes out too!

Bill

I'll have to agree with Mr.Dorosh. Although I enjoy CDV's Special Editions of both CMBO and CMBB, when we order direct from Battlefront more money goes direct to Battlefront.

At least I know my money is used for the next CM game....so I can wait an extra few weeks for my copy, and I'll buy the CDV Special Edition of CMAK when it comes out too!

Bill

Bill

I used to subscribe to magazines that actually shipped after the retail version - I think Entertainment Weekly was one where I would walk past the current issue every day at the newsstand, only to wait a couple days for it to arrive at my door.

I don't remember enjoying the product any less because of it.

Two whole weeks? Some people will complain about anything. Maybe it means we will actually finish our PBEM of the demo....incidentally, I have gotten the demo installed on my laptop; if you want to resend the last file, Soddy, while my HD is being replaced on the desktop, I can see about returning turns from the laptop.

JUST TO CLARIFY - this is childish and unnecessary because

a) it wasn't a deliberate intention on BFCs part (yeah, they sit up at night thinking of ways to piss off the fan base - I don't think so)

B) crying over spilt milk rarely accomplishes the task of turning back time, or for that matter of cleaning the table and kitchen floor...

But by all means, we only have three threads on this going. We could probably cram ten more onto the forum. See what good it does anyone.

[ November 28, 2003, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

I used to subscribe to magazines that actually shipped after the retail version - I think Entertainment Weekly was one where I would walk past the current issue every day at the newsstand, only to wait a couple days for it to arrive at my door.

Two whole weeks? Some people will complain about anything. Maybe it means we will actually finish our PBEM of the demo....incidentally, I have gotten the demo installed on my laptop; if you want to resend the last file, Soddy, while my HD is being replaced on the desktop, I can see about returning turns from the laptop.

a) it wasn't a deliberate intention on BFCs part (yeah, they sit up at night thinking of ways to piss off the fan base - I don't think so)

B) crying over spilt milk rarely accomplishes the task of turning back time, or for that matter of cleaning the table and kitchen floor...

But by all means, we only have three threads on this going. We could probably cram ten more onto the forum. See what good it does anyone.

Please take a moment to stop and consider that, by Pre-Ordering, you are a member of a dedicated band, standing shoulder to shoulder not only in support of CM, but with your fellows.

How can those of easy virtue, who simply stroll into a store and buy it off the rack, compare to you?

You could just go to a store. You could just grab that retail version. You could walk up to some register, hand over your money, and walk away with CMAK.

You could do that. But that would be the easy way. It wouldn't be the Cowboy Way.

You are heroes, each and every one, and I salute you, my pre-ordering comrades!

Umm, does that help any? Anyone feel any better?

Please take a moment to stop and consider that, by Pre-Ordering, you are a member of a dedicated band, standing shoulder to shoulder not only in support of CM, but with your fellows.

How can those of easy virtue, who simply stroll into a store and buy it off the rack, compare to you?

You could just go to a store. You could just grab that retail version. You could walk up to some register, hand over your money, and walk away with CMAK.

You could do that. But that would be the easy way. It wouldn't be the Cowboy Way.

Yawn.....

I have just started playing the Demo...

Damn good the games are too.

The Italian map is really cool (oppps becoming an American for a Mo) and it will ease the pain on not having the game for a couple of weeks.

As long as I get it for Christmas, who cares!!!

Ohh and I would any day of the month rather my money went to the guys who made it rather than any middle men.

If that means two more weeks then so be it...

:D

H

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I see. So you're of the opinion that people shouldn't voice their gripes. No, it's not the end of the world. No, I'm sure they didn't do it deliberately.

The train I was due to catch on Tuesday made me 20 minutes late for a meeting to secure a business contract. The train was late due to a faulty signal.

I know that the train company didn't do it deliberately, and I know it isn't the end of the world. However, I'm still paying for a product or service and that gives me a right to express an opinion over the provision of that product or service.

Yawn.....

The Italian map is really cool (oppps becoming an American for a Mo) and it will ease the pain on not having the game for a couple of weeks.

Ohh and I would any day of the month rather my money went to the guys who made it rather than any middle men.

H

I see. So you're of the opinion that people shouldn't voice their gripes. No, it's not the end of the world. No, I'm sure they didn't do it deliberately.

The train I was due to catch on Tuesday made me 20 minutes late for a meeting to secure a business contract. The train was late due to a faulty signal.

I know that the train company didn't do it deliberately, and I know it isn't the end of the world. However, I'm still paying for a product or service and that gives me a right to express an opinion over the provision of that product or service.

Yawn.....

H

Sure, but do you have the "right" to demonstrate in the lobby of the train company's head office and create a public disturbance?

I'm betting no...

Perhaps a private email might make your point more succinctly.... ;)

If I felt that strongly about it, I'd cancel my order and go to the shops. I don't, but I do find it irksome.

Like you said - it's not going to make any difference, so why a private email?

Sure, but do you have the "right" to demonstrate in the lobby of the train company's head office and create a public disturbance?

I'm betting no...

If I felt that strongly about it, I'd cancel my order and go to the shops. I don't, but I do find it irksome.

I'm betting no...

I'm betting no...

You are looking through so incredibly black-and-white eyes it makes me just want to scream out loud!!!

I would, except the neighbours and my son would object...

You dont get any smilies in this post... GRRRRRR

I'm betting no...

You are looking through so incredibly black-and-white eyes it makes me just want to scream out loud!!!

I would, except the neighbours and my son would object...

You dont get any smilies in this post... GRRRRRR