BAR question

Salkin

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Having said that, there is a snazzy sight for pistols that uses ambient light,a prism, lens and filter to create an orange dot that one eye can see and the other can't."

And like I tell my guys if you are that far away that you need a scope or even an aimpoint on your pistol to hit something then you should be running in the opposite direction anyways.

Los

:D

Originally posted by Mr. Tittles:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Salkin:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mr. Tittles:

Oh, sorry, that was BARMAN talking about 'Booze n Broads'.

Ops, you nearly fell of your high horse there mr (sir) Grog ;) .

//Salkin </font>

Right before I got out, I had been tasked to use the SAW... but never got to fire it unfortunately. Only had some classroom time with it. I do have to agree that it's not a very aesthetically pleasing weapon. Probably just the traditionalist in me, but I really do like the look of wooden stocks and long barrels.

In the US military we do use the same 200rd boxed belt, and the general consensus is never use the M-16 magazines with it as they tend to jam it up far too easily.

I did have some concerns with the barrel on it, seemed to be about the same thickness as that on the M-16, and it just screams out "overheating problems" to me. I guess thats why they have a little quick-latch for barrel changes.

I believe it's Belgian made, by the same manufacturer as the M240 line of 7.62 guns. There is definitely a lot of family resembilance between the two, kinda like Browning .30 and .50's

-Hans

Originally posted by flamingknives:

I tend not to run away from range targets, it makes me look more daft than usual. I'd guess that the snazzy aimpoint thing would work on a rifle too. Plus point are that it weighs very little, has a low profile and allows you to keep both eyes open while aiming.

I was going to post something similar to that. Thanks for saving my time for me. ;)

Kitty

I never have figured out the relation between FN and Browning, but they do a lot of the manufacturing under the Browning name. Belgian manufactured Brownings are very highly regarded firearms by most collectors and serious shooters, and fetch top dollar both new and used.

-Hans