The Peng Challenge Remembers Jim Boggs

Lars

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dalem:

I never thought I'd say this, but Emrys is making a bit of sense. Since Panzer Leader buggered off we haven't really had a Target Thrall around here.

I nominate Sturmsebber for the title of Target Thrall.

Target Thrall sounds too ... official ... I like Whipping Boy personally.

Mind you there's no reason why, in the fullness of time, he couldn't be promoted to Serf.

Good Lord ... did I just agree with BOTH Michael and dalem? It must be the end days.

Joe

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Ignore them, Ales. I find your weirdness strangely refreshing...

Take that back Gnome! I find it disturbing when I a gree with you.

Hey, Ales has been around longer than a lot of the pillocks... make him a serf I say. Actually, since I said it, he is a serf. Need a new squire Gnome? </font>

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

You know who Ales reminds me of? He's (she's?) a bit like lenakonrad back when he actually posted sentences/poetry. You know...before he decided to just post pictures.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Ignore them, Ales. I find your weirdness strangely refreshing...

You know who Ales reminds me of? He's (she's?) a bit like lenakonrad back when he actually posted sentences/poetry. You know...before he decided to just post pictures.

And back when he used to insult people for no reason.

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

And back when he used to insult people for no reason. </font>

So I was sitting across the table from Papa Khan and Seanachi. I had taken my glasses off to dull the impact of Papa Khan's hideous visage, but even astigmatism was unable to blunt that horror. Seanachi was drinking heavily, which I thought an unwise tactic as when his vision doubled he'd be seeing *two* Papa Khans. Nevertheless, I didn't say anything because I lack Seanachi's direct line to divine inspiration; he is, after all, a prophet of god.

There's more to come, but just remembering the sights and smells of that night has left me feeling unwell...

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Marstov:

Nevertheless, I didn't say anything because I lack Seanachi's direct line to divine inspiration; he is, after all, a prophet of god.

Lost again did you? </font>

Originally posted by Marstov:

So I was sitting across the table from Papa Khan and Seanachi. I had taken my glasses off to dull the impact of Papa Khan's hideous visage, but even astigmatism was unable to blunt that horror. Seanachi was drinking heavily, which I thought an unwise tactic as when his vision doubled he'd be seeing *two* Papa Khans. Nevertheless, I didn't say anything because I lack Seanachi's direct line to divine inspiration; he is, after all, a prophet of god.

There's more to come, but just remembering the sights and smells of that night has left me feeling unwell...

Now see, if I weren't here, toeing the line and shouldering the burden with my nose to the grindstone, just putting one foot in front of the other then you lot would actually be responding to this ... this ... SSN who DOESN'T HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS IN HIS PROFILE!

I don't care that he's apparently met Seanachai AND Papa Khann in person or not damnit ... rules are rules. Of course we DO extend our deepest sympathy to him and would remind him that many localities offer nearly free Mental Health professionals that he REALLY SHOULD consult ... but ... no email, no talkee.

And besides, I can't come up with a way to spell his name that would be any good.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

It is not easy, you know, to be the conscience of the CessPool. It's not easy to remember and without partiality enforce the many rules, most of them either unwritten or made up on the spot. Must I be the bad guy all the time, must I be the ritalin to the ADHD impulses of the Olde Ones? I shall have to think on this, a change may be overdue.

Joe, I abase myself in my contrition. No, wait. I mean, I abase myself by my contrition!

Damn you! Damn you, you stern, but fair, and quite possibly insane, Justicar! Is my every whim, caprice, and moment of lunacy constantly to come under your scrutiny? Will I never be allowed to dance in the moonlight of my madness?

I accept this fair, but soddingly annoying check to the unbridled exercise of my power.

Sturmy, lad, it's not on! You're going to have to go the whole, Tony-Curtis-as-a-slave-boy route to Knighthood.

But SturmSebber, there's no reason for you to be a Serf. Under the benevolent rule of Pope Seanachai I, you may start as an 'altar boy', work up to acolyte, and then finally become a Knight.

Okay, that doesn't make any freaking real sense, but Joe has put me completely off my game.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

And besides, I can't come up with a way to spell his name that would be any good.

Joe

When you *do* get around to talking to him, you could try "Molitov" for starters. Perhaps maybe even "MarStop"? Hmmm...stretching it even farther..."BarStool".

Ah hell, it's late and my first attempt seems good enough. WHEN AND IF he conforms to the email thingy, I'll come up with something more.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

you may start as an 'altar boy', work up to acolyte, and then finally become a Knight.

You would make of him a Templar? </font>

Hey, now...the Queen and I are just looking out for you in your old age. We know how strained you have been of late what with Brad/Jenn and then Mr. Boggs and with the Gnome stirring up a religion and all.

And if you are too lazy to see what happened in your absence, then I shouldn't bother.

But I will...

The crux of it was that Her Royal Highness and I decided you needed a break. Some suggested an anvil on your head, but we decided, no...we would just take over for you. You make all your little proclamations, etc., but *WE* are now the real authority here.

We make the major decisions and you just use your rubber stamp there (see the one on your desk we had made for you?) to sign your name when we need you to. You are still as much in charge as you ever were...on the surface anyway. {which is to say, that's the only way you ever were in charge even before I came along, from the looks of things}

So see...we are looking out for you dear. To make your life easier. We care. We really, really do.

Nothing stirs up the Thread like dissent, intrigue, divided loyalties, Machiavellian scheming, the male/female dichotomy, religious schism, angst, death, pathos, and Gay Belgians.

As God is my witness (and, once I'm Pope, I'll have his freaking affidavit on file), I'm happy!