Just got CMAK in mail What are must have mods?

for cmmos

once you are registered and into cmmods, on the left column click cmbo, by designer, miket, all, other, download the cmmos v4.05a and install.

then for cmak go to cmak on the left, follow the above to the cmak rulesets, dl and install. now go to cmak, by designer cmmos. only cmmos modified mods can be used with cmmos.

any mod can be used with mcmmm, but overlapping mods can be a problem.

make sure you have a copy of your bmp folder from your cmak install just in case you need to copy and paste over a mistake.

for cmmos

once you are registered and into cmmods, on the left column click cmbo, by designer, miket, all, other, download the cmmos v4.05a and install.

then for cmak go to cmak on the left, follow the above to the cmak rulesets, dl and install. now go to cmak, by designer cmmos. only cmmos modified mods can be used with cmmos.

any mod can be used with mcmmm, but overlapping mods can be a problem.

make sure you have a copy of your bmp folder from your cmak install just in case you need to copy and paste over a mistake.

all of the above. once you get comfy with this, we can help you figure out which bo and bb mods will work too.

btw anything winter, as the game comes without any winter mods.

after you have played the game for a while, you may like a particular area better then others. that will help you to pick mods for that area.

edit

some mods you wont want to swap out. if they are not cmmos, they can be unzipped into your bmp folder to overwrite the originals. just make sure you have that backup folder.

mcmmm can turn a cmmos mod into a excmmos zip for you. just load the cmmos zip in mcmmm. then pick the excmmos title to install.

[ July 17, 2004, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: junk2drive ]

all of the above. once you get comfy with this, we can help you figure out which bo and bb mods will work too.

btw anything winter, as the game comes without any winter mods.

after you have played the game for a while, you may like a particular area better then others. that will help you to pick mods for that area.

edit

some mods you wont want to swap out. if they are not cmmos, they can be unzipped into your bmp folder to overwrite the originals. just make sure you have that backup folder.

mcmmm can turn a cmmos mod into a excmmos zip for you. just load the cmmos zip in mcmmm. then pick the excmmos title to install.

[ July 17, 2004, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: junk2drive ]

Ok i got mcmmm installed and i have been using that. I got a couple of mods installed with it so I think i am getting the fundamentals down. Am I ok with just using this and not cmmos? I really don't know too much about this so I want to make sure I am doing everything ok. I guess if I screwed something up I could just reinstall CMAK but it is going to help me in the long run if I keep this stuff sorted out.

Ok i got mcmmm installed and i have been using that. I got a couple of mods installed with it so I think i am getting the fundamentals down. Am I ok with just using this and not cmmos? I really don't know too much about this so I want to make sure I am doing everything ok. I guess if I screwed something up I could just reinstall CMAK but it is going to help me in the long run if I keep this stuff sorted out.

I divide must-have mods into the 'pretty' mods and the 'corrective' mods. Corrective mods fix distracting problems in the default art.

As an example some people feel claustophobic surrounded by the game's towering hillsides on the horizon. Under MikeyD at cmmods.com are an assortment of reduced hillsides horizons for all times and seasons (except no night sky... yet!).

Another 'corrective' mod of mine would be replacement suspension art for early war Brit cruise tanks (for MkI and MkII cruisers). Also Limey's Italian Theater PzIIIs based on superior N.A. theater textures. If a piece of default art's bad enough to make you cringe then its replacement can be considered 'corrective'.

I divide must-have mods into the 'pretty' mods and the 'corrective' mods. Corrective mods fix distracting problems in the default art.

As an example some people feel claustophobic surrounded by the game's towering hillsides on the horizon. Under MikeyD at cmmods.com are an assortment of reduced hillsides horizons for all times and seasons (except no night sky... yet!).

Another 'corrective' mod of mine would be replacement suspension art for early war Brit cruise tanks (for MkI and MkII cruisers). Also Limey's Italian Theater PzIIIs based on superior N.A. theater textures. If a piece of default art's bad enough to make you cringe then its replacement can be considered 'corrective'.

I got a bunch of pretty stuff installed now. I got the sandbag mod, some replacement stone wall textures, Some of the hi res wheat, hi res water, The Flaq pack that has the historical flags for Germany, and probably some others I forgot to mention.

I am loving this game. I still suck something awful but I am getting better the more I play. I played my first opponent in a TCIP game. He hurt me bad. But it was good fun.

I think i am going to get back to the basics and start out with a smaller number of units. Once I am able to effectively deploy them, then I will move up to more numbers.

BTW are there any charts or anything out? Like something that could tell me the exact time delay for artillary or how the different armor fares against each other. I know there are a lot of variables and I am somewhat knowledgable about WWII but I am by no mean an expert on the subject.

Thanks

Embark

I got a bunch of pretty stuff installed now. I got the sandbag mod, some replacement stone wall textures, Some of the hi res wheat, hi res water, The Flaq pack that has the historical flags for Germany, and probably some others I forgot to mention.

I am loving this game. I still suck something awful but I am getting better the more I play. I played my first opponent in a TCIP game. He hurt me bad. But it was good fun.

I think i am going to get back to the basics and start out with a smaller number of units. Once I am able to effectively deploy them, then I will move up to more numbers.

BTW are there any charts or anything out? Like something that could tell me the exact time delay for artillary or how the different armor fares against each other. I know there are a lot of variables and I am somewhat knowledgable about WWII but I am by no mean an expert on the subject.

Thanks

Embark