How do you play?

Maybe I've just been playing too long, but I notice that I've started to play sloppy. Not sending out scouts as I should, not positioning my spotters properly, not keeping my squads within command of their officers, etc. etc. For some unknown reason I've been finding myself halfway through games lately with all my armor in flames - go figure! :eek: :rolleyes:

[ March 31, 2006, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Maybe I've just been playing too long, but I notice that I've started to play sloppy. Not sending out scouts as I should, not positioning my spotters properly, not keeping my squads within command of their officers, etc. etc. For some unknown reason I've been finding myself halfway through games lately with all my armor in flames - go figure! :eek: :rolleyes:

[ March 31, 2006, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Correct.

Anyway, the point I was making was that no matter how perfectly you plot such moves, ( I wasn't aware there was any other way than to plot moves perfectly....) if something happens mid-convoy, the loonies in the following vehicles will plough on regardless (no brake lights, maybe?) until they collide, then re-plot their own moves according to some barking mad inverted fractal paradigm, usually to their own, extreme, detriment.

I mean to say, If I am playing at being Monty, I shouldn't REALLY have to act as an MP directing the traffic! Or should I....

What do I care! I just got my first 'Minor Victory' with 'The Sharp End'! I'm on cloud 9!

wun (who really ought to get more fresh air...)

Correct.

Anyway, the point I was making was that no matter how perfectly you plot such moves, ( I wasn't aware there was any other way than to plot moves perfectly....) if something happens mid-convoy, the loonies in the following vehicles will plough on regardless (no brake lights, maybe?) until they collide, then re-plot their own moves according to some barking mad inverted fractal paradigm, usually to their own, extreme, detriment.

I mean to say, If I am playing at being Monty, I shouldn't REALLY have to act as an MP directing the traffic! Or should I....

What do I care! I just got my first 'Minor Victory' with 'The Sharp End'! I'm on cloud 9!

wun (who really ought to get more fresh air...)

Convoys are the most problematic aspect of movement in the game and everybody's always known it. Unfortunately it would've probably doubled the game's computer code to get them to behave rationally in all circumstances!

But hey, shouldn't we all be observing some strict vehicle separation rule this close to the front? If your vehicles are close enough to collide they're close enough to all die from a single artillery shell too! :D

Convoys are the most problematic aspect of movement in the game and everybody's always known it. Unfortunately it would've probably doubled the game's computer code to get them to behave rationally in all circumstances!

But hey, shouldn't we all be observing some strict vehicle separation rule this close to the front? If your vehicles are close enough to collide they're close enough to all die from a single artillery shell too! :D