Shall I dump CMBO

jomni

I recently got CMAK. I hear some people say you can play the Western Front from 1940 to 1945 in this game.

But when I look at Scenarios, looks like it only covers the Mediterranean and African theaters. When I try to crate a quick battle, I still get the same theaters. Although I can create a post 1944 scenario in Italy to simulate CMBO battles. Is that what people are talking about?

Do you recommend me to uninstall CMBO and focus on this game instead? Are there custom CMBO scenarios for CMAK?

There are quite a few CMBO scenarios that were redone for CMAK. There are a few things which show up in CMBO that don't show up in CMAK like Volksturm and Koenigstigers, and a few things like trenches that are in CMAK but missing from CMBO.

CMAK is a later form of the series, and play is a little bit different from CMBO. A lot of people still really like CMBO, and are pleasantly suprised when they go back to it and find that they are enjoying themselves. It's a lot of fun to play.

Be warned though. The graphics of unmodded CMBO are terrible. Early Playmobile. So if you want to play it without eyestrain and frustration, you'll need to fully mod it. No kidding -- the color palette is so bad it's painful to look at.

The best way to play fully modded CMBO is to go over to CMHQ at combatmission.com and download and install all of CMBO CMMOS. You'll need a few things besides that that you can get at CMMODS, but CMBO CMMOS should get you what you need (and then some). Unlike CMBB CMMOS and CMAK CMMOS, CMBO CMMOS covers about 95% of the available mods.

If you keep playing CMBO, you'll find yourself doing weird things like hiding squads twenty meters from the edge of a woods and setting up ambushes thirty meters away -- not because you think you're going to ambush anything, but because it's the only way to keep your units from wasting their scarce ammunition on some imagined target they can't possibly hit on the other side of the map.

For CMAK scenarios you might want to take a look at the Scenario Depot Salvage files at CMMODS. They containt a lot of converted material.

Originally posted by Der Alte Fritz:

For a full Normandy mod of CMAK look in CMMods for CMAK-ETO mods set

cheers

Do a search on here for ETO conversion. There's a whole conversion pack for CMAK and the rest you can get playing around at CMMODS. IMO CMAK is a better game because of the enchanced features it offers. Covered arcs specific to vehicles and infantry, better infantry model, realistic MG effectiveness, better armor model, better looking graphics and dust added are some of things that make it better.

However, the infantry is more brittle in CMBB and CMAK, and has to be husbanded far more which, for some, takes away some of the game's fun factor. An other factor to consider is a fully modded CMBO looks almost as good as a fully modded CMAK (check as the Reisberg scenario in both).

meter,

That's right. Go to the first page of the threads and read the instructions. If you get both of them and follow the instructions you will have 3 very different looking CM games.

CMAK as it stands. CMNormandy for June through August 1944 and CMETO for September '44 through April '45. If you have the hard drive space it's very much worth your time.

When I download scenarios I put the NA/Sicily/Italy ones in CMAK, the France '44 scenarios in CMNormandy and Market Garden on scenarios into CMETO.

But then again, I'm a mod slut maniac.

DavidI