BFc have said that the next game (the new CMX2 engine) will be nothing like we expect. Since our expectations are usually very high I would count on them throwing us a curveball.

Think Napoleonic war or something. That was one of the areas of interests BFC had when they started their company so they might just give that war a spin.

i recall an eventual early war game was part of their original loooong range strategy (first NW Europe, then Eastern Front, then Med. theater, the Blitz) back when CMBO first came out. Of course I know of very few long range business goals that don't get revised (or abandoned) halfway through the process. Anyone remember the old 'Hellcats over the Pacific" flight sim was originally planned to be upgradable with new missions? Twelve years later and I'm still waiting for that one!

Getting this back on topic, the next incarnation of CM will be a do-it-yourself construction kit with a WW II theme, but only the most popular nations will be included; Finland, Australia, and Spain (thanks Fernando) :mad:

The equipment used will include the types used from 1936-1939 in addition to all WW II kit. I thought that Kwazydog said desert, European, and Italian terrain would be included, but high-arctic would not be as he has a hard time drawing snow.

There is an interview that Steve did with a Condor Legion vet somewhere on the BFC website that leads me to believe the emphasis on the new CM will be on air-ground support rather than land fighting.