Note to Finns, CMAK already available!

Topi

Originally posted by Paddington:

Even though I am Finnish...

Remember they will get the cencored version whit "waffengrenadier" and silly flags. AND of course the U.S version has allways ben a litle bit better smile.gif

Paddington "pre-ordered cmak" The Bear

the flags can be changed...one word is wrong...the horror...the horror...

Originally posted by Paddington:

silly flags

What silly flags? If you're expecting swastikas in your BFC version you're going to be disappointed. The CDV patches were released at the same time af the BFC patches. It really is amazing the stuff people make up to justify their prejudices.

[ November 23, 2003, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Firefly ]

Originally posted by Firefly:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Paddington:

silly flags

What silly flags? If you're expecting swastikas in your BFC version you're going to be disappointed. The CDV patches were released at the same time af the BFC patches. It really is amazing the stuff people make up to justify their prejudices. </font>

Originally posted by oneirogen:

Err, the CMBB 1.03 beta patches don't ring a bell? Yes, they were beta patches, but they fixed the god awful bug with shells hitting elevations eons before the official 1.03 was released for both versions. And they were exclusively for the BFC version.

Yes, but as you say it was a beta patch that CDV didn't release, it wasn't delayed, the official patches were released at the same time, which was what Steve and Co, promised us at the outset. I've played plenty of games where the official European English patch has been weeks or months behind the US patch and I appreciate BFC and CDV not doing this.

Now, before you boys piss on one another about this issue, let's keep two things in mind:

Firefly, you DO get CMAK first (although I must say, BFC, if that violates your contractual agreement with CDV, I do happen to know a lawyer that might help you . . .).

oneirogen, think of it this way: they get the game first, but given that they live in YerUp!', it is but a tiny birthday candle in the gloomy lives they lead.

Now, you boys go play nice, or there will be NO snacks today after naptime.

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Firefly, you DO get CMAK first (although I must say, BFC, if that violates your contractual agreement with CDV, I do happen to know a lawyer that might help you . . .).

oneirogen, think of it this way: they get the game first, but given that they live in YerUp!', it is but a tiny birthday candle in the gloomy lives they lead.

Actually Steve, I haven't decided whether to get the CDV or the BFC version smile.gif . If I go with CDV I may get the game earlier, but if I go with BFC I know more of my money goes towards CMX2. I think selfishness may win though.

[ November 23, 2003, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Firefly ]

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Now, you boys go play nice, or there will be NO snacks today after naptime.

Steve

Umm, I hate to tell you this, but I happen to live there :D

In fact, I'm currently fighting the urge to rush to the stores first thing tomorrow to pick my precious copy. What is keeping me back is the fact that my exams start tomorrow and end on friday ( :mad: :mad: :mad: ), funny you should mention the birthday candles, since friday happens to be my birthday and I think I know just the perfect gift to get myself ;)

Nevertheless, I do know I'll be playing CMAK long before Madmatt bothers to send your precious packet in the mail! ;):D

Cheers

Damn you Dose Helsinki! Well, have to wait my US-version to arrive. But I believe the US version is worth waiting few more days instead of getting CDV-version immediately...

Originally posted by oneirogen:

Nevertheless, I do know I'll be playing CMAK long before Madmatt bothers to send your precious packet in the mail! ;):D

Hope you screw up with your exams :mad:

Well, CMAK will do it so you'll have to pay twice (money & exams) for it :D

No, seriously...good luck with your exams and don't play CMAK all the time. Try to read for your exams too. smile.gif

[ November 24, 2003, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: Kaiser Soze 71 ]

Originally posted by Kaiser Soze 71:

Damn you Dose Helsinki! Well, have to wait my US-version to arrive. But I believe the US version is worth waiting few more days instead of getting CDV-version immediately...

I hope you will find out that, because they also sell it to Germany, the version they are selling is identical. tongue.gif

At least that the FAQ was talking about a PDF manual, which sounds very "CDV-mäiseltä".

Originally posted by Sergei:

I hope you will find out that, because they also sell it to Germany, the version they are selling is identical. tongue.gif

At least that the FAQ was talking about a PDF manual, which sounds very "CDV-mäiseltä".

CMAK is the first product ever I have pre-ordered, and now this...Awww crap!

I'll wait & see.

[ November 24, 2003, 05:32 AM: Message edited by: Kaiser Soze 71 ]

CDV vs. Battlefront

Oh! Firefly how can you ignore the size of the patches. If you did not have broadband those CDV patches screwed you royally

Also I do not think that German laws should have been inlicted on the rest of Rurope on that exclusive deal. I am arguing from the point of historical accuracy not politics

And do you not want the game developers to get the max of money from their labours?

Originally posted by Panzertruppe:

Very strange.....CDV says Combat Mission 3(CMAK)is due out next week! Oh..and if your an honest gamer and don't need to make copies of your original disks (a yuppie or geek thing) then the CDV "safe disk" is no problem. :D

Oh yeah, right. In paticular if you ever want to run your game 10 years after its release (which I am shure I will do with CMAK) and/or on emulators of any kind.

In the country I come from a private backup copy is also a right given by law. Not that my CD burner has any problem getting over Safedisk anyway, and I am sure very few pirates/downloaders have a burner *not* capable of doing the same.

It is just punishing honest users and very stupid pirates.

Originally posted by dieseltaylor:

CDV vs. Battlefront

Oh! Firefly how can you ignore the size of the patches. If you did not have broadband those CDV patches screwed you royally

Also I do not think that German laws should have been inlicted on the rest of Rurope on that exclusive deal. I am arguing from the point of historical accuracy not politics

And do you not want the game developers to get the max of money from their labours?

And how about huge delays in loading time of CDV version. US version of CMBB takes 3 sec loading time from launch to the splashscreen while CDV version takes up to 40 seconds because of crappy copy protection.

I bought the game yesterday and would be playing it even now if my employer wouldn't want me to actually earn the money they're giving me. :(

I just have to say I love those Italian 45mm mortars (somehow missed them in CMBB). With the ammo load they're carrying (some 80 rounds) they're great for suppressing infantry!