Has anyone done this? (T-34 ride)

BDW

As I recall, the county police opened the hatch with a pair of bolt cutters and shot the man dead.
Just goes to show that tanks without infantry support are very vulnerable.

Along the same theme, there were recently two M-1 crewmen killed in Iraq by an insurgent fighter who jumped up on the tank and fired down through the open hatch.

Originally posted by Agua Perdido:

Several years ago a disturbed veteran stole an M-60 tank and took it on the freeway near San Diego, California. He managed to rampage for half an hour before getting high-centered on the lane divider. As I recall, the county police opened the hatch with a pair of bolt cutters and shot the man dead.

Just in their defense, they shot the man in the shoulder in what I think was an attempt to safe his life. But they hit the artery befow the collarbone and by the time they got him out of the tank he had bled to death.

Just in their defense, they shot the man in the shoulder in what I think was an attempt to safe his life. But they hit the artery befow the collarbone and by the time they got him out of the tank he had bled to death.

That is in their defense? Let's see: the vehicle was disabled. Why not just evacuate the area and wait until he gets thirsty and gives himself up? You canonly sit in a bulldozer/tank for so long before you calm down and realize you aren't going anywhere. Typical US police. The police ought to charged with murder. They KILLED this guy and all he did was wreck some property.

I don't think the cops could judge whether the tank is actually permanently disabled. I don't think it had lost a track.

My point was it is certainly nicer than shooting in the head.

Under normal cirumstances a shot into the shoulder shouldn't have killed him even when the artery is hit, because medics were probably right there. There must have been some additional delay outside the control of the officer who shot.

Originally posted by BDW:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Just in their defense, they shot the man in the shoulder in what I think was an attempt to safe his life. But they hit the artery befow the collarbone and by the time they got him out of the tank he had bled to death.

That is in their defense? Let's see: the vehicle was disabled. Why not just evacuate the area and wait until he gets thirsty and gives himself up? You canonly sit in a bulldozer/tank for so long before you calm down and realize you aren't going anywhere. Typical US police. The police ought to charged with murder. They KILLED this guy and all he did was wreck some property. </font>

Originally posted by BDW:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Just in their defense, they shot the man in the shoulder in what I think was an attempt to safe his life. But they hit the artery befow the collarbone and by the time they got him out of the tank he had bled to death.

That is in their defense? Let's see: the vehicle was disabled. Why not just evacuate the area and wait until he gets thirsty and gives himself up? You canonly sit in a bulldozer/tank for so long before you calm down and realize you aren't going anywhere. Typical US police. The police ought to charged with murder. They KILLED this guy and all he did was wreck some property. </font>

Originally posted by John D Salt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by flamingknives:

Automatic weapons can be owned in the US, but the owner must first get a permit to do so. You get combat ranches where people fire minimis to M2s

Take a look at

http://www.knobcreekshoot.com/

I really must get round to visiting the place one day.

All the best,

John. </font>