New Mods

I'll put screenshots for anything I do here, rather than in the UI thread.

Got the German and British trucks, North Africa, uploaded. Screenshots below. The 2pdr. Portee should be up this evening.

I still have a bunch of British desert armor mods coming, the problem is that although I keep promising myself I will just zip what I have and send it, I inevitably end up fiddling with each again...sigh.

modbritainnorthafricatruckvoss.th.jpg

modgermanynorthafricatruckvoss.th.jpg

Thanks Patboy.

I spent a bit more time with this latest one, it is mostly from scratch.

Since I wanted to use these files to do the 251/2 and 251/10 as well (which will be uploaded shortly), I spent time setting the files up such that camo colors and patterns could easily be changed. Therefore I have included the .PSD files in the archive along with the game .bmps, in case someone wants to try their own patterns and colors.

If you just want to change colors, simply change the color values of the three camo layers. If you want to change the camo pattern, fill the red and green camo layer masks with black, and paint back into them with white- all of the panel line, etc. detail is built into each of the layers, so changing the camo pattern is just a matter of deciding which layer to expose at which points via the layer masks.

modgermanysdkfz2511etovossie7j.th.jpg

Thanks Aragorn, glad you like it:)

The 251/2 has been uploaded to cmmods.

I'm also going to revise the 251/1- in one of those silly things you do sometimes, I didn't notice that the scenario I was using the preview the work as I went along was set to dawn, and therefore was a bit dark. As a result, I let the dunkelgelb color get a bit lighter than it should be. I will upload the revised version separately, so folks can choose which one they like better.

The 251/2:

modgermanysdkfz2512etovossie3y.th.jpg

Pirx, sorry I missed your question. I did a Tiger mod for CMBB, if you have both and access to the .bmp list you could save them to the right numbers yourself. But I'll probably do the number conversion and upload it at some point, same with the the CMBB Panther D I did.

Sherman I haven't done. I'm sure I will at some point, if I don't get distracted;)

• 2 weeks later...

Pulled out most of the stops on this one. Much like the Sdkfz 251/1, I included the Photoshop .psd files in the archive, in case anyone wants to use this as a base for further mods- the camo pattern is done via layer masks.

It has a 16th Panzer insignia, and there's a 5th Panzer insignia in the .psd files. And although I sincerely doubt there were ever 8 simultaneously active panzer regiments in the 16th, using the 808 unit number allowed it to mirror correctly so we can have something approximating the real unit numbers.

And Marcus, I think you were right, the 251s are too bright, sigh, even for daytime. So I'll probably upload yet more versions.

And happy belated Turkey Day.

modgermanpzivglateetovossie0mz.th.jpg