Real Life: It is Magnificent, But it is Not the Peng Challenge...

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Snipped to protect the innocent

If you spent half as much time with your setups as you do with your poetry, you might actually be an opponent to worry about.

But since your setups suck (I know this even before seeing your setup, I can sense it), and since you convey the mental image of a guy wearing a dress, sitting barefoot on a rock somewhere humming while composing his next ode to the flowers...lets just say that Im not worried one bit. Soon you can start working on your next poem "The woeful end of the Italian tanker".

Git

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stirring the pot on the waffle thread is so easy it's not even fun. Well . . . it was for a couple minutes. =) Maybe I'll write a book about it, "How to Cause an Uproar in Two Easy Posts."

*puts away fishing rod and relaxes on the deck of the troller*

Kitty

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Hmm...as far as I know, neither Lou Reed nor John Cale were limeys, and that strange Nico chick was a Swede, wasn't she?

Yes. As far as you know. No doubt. And how far would that be, Seanachai? The story of that anticlimactic not-quite-entity you like imagining as being your life could be written along the lines of how you just don't know it very far. And what a short and sad story that would be.

Wrong on two counts out of three, how pitiable is that? Couldn't you at least have gone all the way, claiming that, as far as you know, Lou Reed is a catholic schoolgirl from Tokyo who is selling her underwear through that new thing called the internet, or whatever other retarded fantasy you might have come up with?

Now if you can find some kind soul willing to help you with a setup for a battle located in any one of the approximately 23 countries that strange chick Nico has lived in during her upbringing (hint: Sweden is not among them), you can send it to me. Use a small unit count, it will make it easier for you to simulate coordinated movement. As far as you know it.

[ December 06, 2003, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: xor+ ]

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Please make your way quietly to your seats.

There are only two rules:

All courtesy to the Ladies of the 'Pool, especially our honoured Queen.

For God's sake say something interesting.

Anything.

Now here are some suggestions:

Refrain, thou, from base and pointelss vulgarity.

Curb thy uncivil tongue that would clack and clatter on bigotry and the unsavoury aspects of your personal Real World hatreds.

Challenge someone to a rousing game of Combat Mission, whatever flavour of it you delight in. You may challenge Anyone, but no one need accept your challenge. If it's a good challenge, you're more likely to be taken up.

If you cannot follow two simple rules, or make even a stab at the suggestions, then sod off.

Frog!

Originally posted by xor+:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Hmm...as far as I know, neither Lou Reed nor John Cale were limeys, and that strange Nico chick was a Swede, wasn't she?

Yes. As far as you know. No doubt. And how far would that be, Seanachai? The story of that anticlimactic not-quite-entity you like imagining as being your life could be written along the lines of how you just don't know it very far. And what a short and sad story that would be.

Wrong on two counts out of three, how pitiable is that? Couldn't you at least have gone all the way, claiming that, as far as you know, Lou Reed is a catholic schoolgirl from Tokyo who is selling her underwear through that new thing called the internet, or whatever other retarded fantasy you might have come up with?

Now if you can find some kind soul willing to help you with a setup for a battle located in any one of the approximately 23 countries that strange chick Nico has lived in during her upbringing (hint: Sweden is not among them), you can send it to me. Use a small unit count, it will make it easier for you to simulate coordinated movement. As far as you know it. </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

If I should ever have the opportunity of posting in the Peng Challenge Thread, I will gladly submit to the superior wisdom of the Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread and of other experienced members of that community.

Until that time, as a gesture of good-will, and as part of my ongoing efforts to understand the customs of strange civilizations, I have provided access to an e-mail address.

Maybe it will help you to understand, if not excuse, my oversight, if I point out that I originally had not planned to post in this thread. It was the stunningly high errors / words used - rate in Seanachai's quoted sentence that made me momentarily forget the rigid code of honor I live by.

[ December 06, 2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: xor+ ]

If I should I ever have the opportunity of posting in the Peng Challenge Thread,

Yes, well, to aid your quest to understand strange civilizations, you should probably learn some basic communication skills first.

Something to think about while you SOD OFF

Originally posted by Kitty:

Hi, Leutnant Hortlund. I hope your having a good day. =)

Kitty

Why yes ma'am.

If only I could get the kids to sleep that is *sigh*

I trust you are having a good day too? And I just have to congratulate you on your recent massacre in "the other thread". A true work of art.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kitty:

What's this mean?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by xor+:

If I should I ever have the opportunity of posting in the Peng Challenge Thread

Kitty </font>

If I should I ever have the opportunity of posting in the Peng Challenge Thread, I will gladly submit to the superior wisdom of the Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread

Oh...

[twitches the special tail of thinking]

... Sarah Brightman, I should think... and I don't necessarily do in case it was. Which is just as well considering the fairly pathetic conclusions that would most certainly arise.

*sniff*

... and that would go for Michael Crawford as well. One wouldn't want operatic phantoms.

I don't suppose you have any carrots?

Yeknod

Originally posted by Leutnant Hortlund:

you convey the mental image of a guy wearing a dress, sitting barefoot on a rock somewhere humming while composing his next ode to the flowers...

At ease there Leutnant!!

I have NO desire to become the mental image of your idea of a dream date. You really should get out there and at least attempt to interact with women.

I realize, from your past history of posting the soap opera pathetica of your real life, that by dressing up men in women's attire in your somewhat vivid imagination, gives you hope that you might someday find a partner.

I would hope that a country that could produce the (all bow down) Swedish Bikini Team, could also produce a female that would entice your interest. Although clearly your so-called dream-date would more likely be the bearded lady from the Freak Show.

As far as the set-up to our game, you have bestowed upon me a type of Italian tank I am not familiar. Two guys on a bicycle, covered with a poncho hardly conjures up an image of an armored spearhead.

However, that being said, with your leadership in opposition, it should prove more than sufficient.

Originally posted by Leutnant Hortlund:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Malakovski:

I call you out to battle.

Very well. I shall quickly put you out of your misery. Bleinhem blunder it is. Setup is in your inbox. Naturally, I will command the über-Germans and you will control the tea-drinkers...it seems only fitting. </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

that in the same manner only the TRUE Peng Challenge Thread will deny that it IS the Peng Challenge Thread

I will try to accept this statement as true. And I feel honored to have received this item of information, because I am sure the Justicar is aware that it contains potentially dangerous implications.

Doubt you not the Justicar lad, nothing good with come of it.

Far be it from me. Nor will I ever mention his typoes, as I know from personal experience that nothing good will come from that either.

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Two guys on a bicycle, covered with a poncho hardly conjures up an image of an armored spearhead.

Stop complaining, whatever you have its got to be better than the two guys in a bathtub on wheels I have to put up with.

And for your information Boggs just because you convey the mental image of a lute-playing hippie, that doesnt mean you automatically become my image of a dream date (which is Denise Richards AND Britney Spears btw). See some of us does not automatically associate dating with whatever mammal is on our mind at that second. Pervert.

And your demise in the desert would go alot quicker if you would bother to send turns once in a while dammit.