Why not the Pacific?

I know this has been talked about before, but before the CM series goes to the new engine "why not a Pacific Theater game"?

I have been playing "Deadly Dozen Pacific",Ghost Recon Pacific mod,and in a few weeks Medal Of Honor Pacific Assault" so I think my favorite series (CM) should go there too!

My 2 cents.....and a coconut. :D

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Why not Pacific? Last I heard, Matt would rather cut off his own ear Van Gough-style than spend the better part of a year assembling a Pacific game. Maybe he's changed his mind since then.

He changed his sig line!

Plus, he hasn't been listening real good lately.

A + B = Maybe Pacifico?

Love that Pacific and specially the Burma/Chinese front.

J2D I have another Burma scenario about ready. Marubouai, part of the Imphal campaign, 1944. Plus 3-4 Malaysia Dec 1941, actions.

Also have a small British SAS scenario in Borneo against the Indonesian during the 60ies coming up.

Originally posted by Hans:

[QB] Love that Pacific and specially the Burma/Chinese front.

J2D I have another Burma scenario about ready. Marubouai, part of the Imphal campaign, 1944. Plus 3-4 Malaysia Dec 1941, actions.

Keep em coming! The last one was great! I dont know why the Imphal/Kohima campaign was never a popular wargame topic. Airborne, armor and lots of thrust and counter thrust.

Breakthrough

Howdy, which one was great? The last scenario I did or the last Pacific/Burma one I did ;}!

Imphal has a number of interesting scenarios built within it. Fortunately the poor Japanese tanks are in many way reflections of the poor Italian tanks!

Although changing the names from Italian to those for the sons of Nippon is annoying!

Also coming (slowly) is LARGE map of Ambon with you commanding the Australian and Dutch defenders against an overwhelming Japanese landing attack.

For those who like impossible defenses.

True, but expansion of the present engine is not feasible - nor wanted. I think the future of the "other" campaigns lies with the new engine which will be modular.

Looking as I have at the material for scenarios in the Pacific areas I can say the number is immense but also limited by the lack of large masses of armour. However, for us 'rare and crappy' armour lovers it would be great.

The use of tanks by the Chinese and Japanese is also an interesting and very unexplored area.