Hard to find opponents.

PLM2

I'm having a hard time finding opponents lately for this game.

Where does everyone go? I tried the proving grounds chat and its deserted...What ever happened to the old combatmission.com chat? If anyone's interested, I'm up for a game right now TCP/IP

Not really any big preferences as long as I get to choose my own stuff.

do i have to join the club to invite people to play?

They make it too hard to join. I dont want to wait a week for a response from someone willing to sponser me, then find out whether he has the time to play a TCP/IP. I just dont have the time. I just wanna play the frickin game.

Its set up liek a first person game club or something. I havnt had that many games with lamers who quit or whatever but this puts you on a 3 month probationary period like its some kind of real time clan. Whats so hard about playing combat mission? You cant even post in the forum until you play a game....most first person shooter clans will at least give you somewhere you can post. I think they just dont want anymore members.

And how come nobody hangs around the CM chat anymore?

[ April 01, 2007, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: PLM2 ]

all i did was post in these forums, i am playing 6 opponents right now. Go to the top of the forums here and scroll down to opponent finder forums. and post in the forum for the language you speak. I am playing against people from all over the world, so language is not a barrier when you are handing out or receiving an ass whoopin'

you can also just email the person that is looking for a game. There are many there right now. Many folks play multiple games at once, so even if you see that someone else has already responded to a post, I wouldn't sweat it. Go ahead and ask them, sometimes people flake out on them or are slow to email thier turns.

Band of Brothers has the sponsor system to weed out the type of people who drop games when they are losing, or disappear for a few days without mentioning that there will be no returned moves.

Everyone in the club has a vested interest in getting in people who have got stickability because we do not want to be responsible for introducing anyone who is going to stitch up a fellow member 6 weeks into a game.

Works reasonably well if not 100%. So more of a friendly club than a ladder club with people giving up real personal details to establish their bona fides.

or disappear for a few days without mentioning that there will be no returned moves.
Dont always have a choice you know tongue.gif

You could also try the World at War site:

Link

Ive got about 9-10 games going, thats due to replaying pervious opponents, playtesting via TPG, getting opponents for battles from the FraG/WAW and from the opponent section of the TPG.

Not to mention Onion War games too.

[ April 02, 2007, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: the_enigma ]