A little disappointed with CMAK

TeAcH

Originally posted by TeAcH:

.........Huge Snip..........

I have two BTS gamers on my shelf that show I have taste (and that BTS is great).

......Huge Snip........

TeAcH [/QB]

You have two "BTS GAMERS" on your shelf .....how strange ... ane they both forum members ? ;)

I'll bet Seanachai isnt one of them !! :D

Now if I had a shelf big enough, who would I put on it to prove to the world I have taste tongue.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited to say, apologies to TeAcH for losing my temper over such little provocation.

An otherwise sincere disagreement rather deteriorated into name-calling, and I regret having been so abusive to him over so little.

Take care, TeAcH.

Off to make a fruit pie!

[ November 28, 2003, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

For God's sake Seanachai edit your post and get rid of the profanity. It is a breach of forum rules REMEMBER?

If you get banned who else will fill the role of someone the entire world can look down upon?

Village idiots are so hard to find these days.

Crickey!

A.E.B

Originally posted by UberFunBunny:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

You arrogant cocksucker. Why does anything I have to say revolve around your puckered arsehole?

Jesus. Is that 'not fruity' enough for you, you prick?

Is that supposed to be funny? I find it offensive. </font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Determinant:

Well I've paid for all three. And to be perfectly honest if BFC decide to ease their cash flow before the launch of CM 'X' by taking CMBB back to Normandy and the West Front then I'll be very happy to pony up for that too. Go on fellahs you owe it to yourself - those green fees can eat into your petty cash after a while!

Say, a 20 dollar "expansion pack" - a sort of mega-patch - with France/Low Countries/Germany as an additional theatre, and the "missing" units (Cromwell, KT, etc.)?

I'd say look for it in about a year's time... </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Determinant:

Well I've paid for all three. And to be perfectly honest if BFC decide to ease their cash flow before the launch of CM 'X' by taking CMBB back to Normandy and the West Front then I'll be very happy to pony up for that too. Go on fellahs you owe it to yourself - those green fees can eat into your petty cash after a while!

Say, a 20 dollar "expansion pack" - a sort of mega-patch - with France/Low Countries/Germany as an additional theatre, and the "missing" units (Cromwell, KT, etc.)?

I'd say look for it in about a year's time... </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by UberFunBunny:

Is that supposed to be funny? I find it offensive.

No, that was supposed to be offensive. I'm surprised you were confused by it. Is there a general misunderstanding of humour where you come from? </font>

I think Lou2000 is running to tell the teacher as we speak...let's skedaddle and stop looking so innocent
Not a chance ..... I'm just sitting back watching the show ... its amazing how one missunderstood comment can cause such a flare up.

Hey .... if you've all skedaddled then I'll be the only one here and teacher will blame me !

.....Honestly BFC, some big boys did it and ran away !

If we go back to KwazyDog's post, we can see that any questions regarding CMAK's value can be answered in a classy and civil manner.

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Teach, no worries at all, each to their own smile.gif

Please do note that CMAK is being sold at a discounted price over our previous titles though. What our main goal was was to give people back the 'western theatre' whilst using an engine that is *significantly* upgraded last time they saw allied troops. Although we could have skipped this and moved solely onto the rewrite straight after CMBB we felt that people would rather this than having to wait another year or two from now for us to finish up the new engine, as the truth of the matter is people love using allied troops and now you guys have the tools to create a huge range of WW2 battles!

There has been a huge amount of work put into CMAK though, dont doubt that, as resaerch on vehicles, TO&E's, vehicle models, new vehicle, terrain and house textures, etc, all take up time. The way we structured things was to all this work to continue in tandam with out other projects though, so things havnt stood still there Im happy to say.

Anyways, no worries Teach...just wanted to make sure you had noted the discounted price and understood the reasons behind the descision...hopefully many will enjoy what CMAK has to offer even if its not quite for you. smile.gif

Dan

Pissed off or no, I don't think the response was warranted.

My general post was replied to with a personal dismissal that didn't simply insult me, but...

Ah, bugger. When Dorosh comes in and provides the voice of reason, I'm simply not up to maintaining a high horse.

UberFunBunny, I so deeply beg your pardon. I regard you as a veritable paragon of 'proper thought' on the Forum. I'm sure that, had the times been different, and I'd been sent to your 'reeducation camp', I'd have learned proper thought. I humbly bow my head.

TeAcH, I apologize for going off on you. I think I probably took your remarks far too personally. Thanks to A.E.B., but I'll not edit my remarks, because that would be the coward's way out. Not to mention that the significant portions were almost immediately quoted by someone who doubtless loves me like his own brother. I wouldn't have edited them, in any case. UberFunBunny can get...um, raised to Sainthood. With a vengeance.

TeAcH, you might consider that not every disagreement some people might post is an attack on what you said. It might just be their personal opinion, in response to many, many other similar posts. And that you might want to consider how you address their 'style' of posting in the future, if you don't want to get kicked in the fork.

But I admit I was overly vicious to you in my response. The whole thing could have been handled much better through satire.

UberFunBunny, have I told you how much I look to your teachings for my sense of self?

Originally posted by TeAcH:

I would just have preferred to let the MOD community drum up Afrika Korps battles while BTS uses the past X months time to work on the next engine. That's all.

TeAcH

Teach, dont forget to read my origional post in case you missed it...I think I address you main concern smile.gif

Dan

Is that supposed to be funny? I find it offensive.

There are certain people who post here without any profanity, but by their quite obvious intolerance and bias can be a lot, lot more offensive.

Not naming anyone of course.

Mace

Uh ooh, and just had time to read the rest of the thread, hehe.

Ive only had time to quickly read through the rest of this thread guys but thanks for clearing the air, its much appreciated. I think that that is a good note for this thread to be ended on, particually as the origional concerns have been answered as best they can smile.gif

Dan

[ November 25, 2003, 02:51 AM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]