CM Normandy Screenies

Well boys, I'm getting real close. Keep in mind that this mod will be tailored for the battles in and around Normandy June through August 1944.

It will not have any snow textures.

Here's two scenes from the stock CMAK game:

cmak12dw.th.jpg

cmak25pr.th.jpg

Here's two from CMETO:

cmeto14ie.th.jpg

cmeto25es.th.jpg

Here's some from CM Normandy:

cmnormandy17bv.th.jpg

cmnormandy26as.th.jpg

And a couple of different angles:

cmnormandy38bp.th.jpg

cmnormandy40nv.th.jpg

As you can see, CMNormandy has a completely different feel to it. Available all in one place, all at one time, by this weekend with any luck.

DavidI

Very nice photographs from Normandy. Notice the skyline: no prominent mountains in the background.

Things that have changed: the roads are now paved, the buildings have TV antennas, and one of them has a basketball net.

You might want to check out Mikey D's Normandy Horizon mod.

There seems to be an adult palm tree in the first and fourth pictures.

I'm assuming this is a by-product of eccentric gardening. I seem to recall that this also happens in a few spots in Southern England (Penzance? Scilly Isles?).

On the other hand, the European climate is a bit milder now than it was sixty years ago.

Originally posted by Philippe:

There seems to be an adult palm tree in the first and fourth pictures.

I'm assuming this is a by-product of eccentric gardening. I seem to recall that this also happens in a few spots in Southern England (Penzance? Scilly Isles?).

On the other hand, the European climate is a bit milder now than it was sixty years ago.

They grow palmtrees up in northern areas of Scotland too - I've seen them, although I will be damned if I can remember exactly where.

It's all to do with the Gulf Stream or something?

Jaws,

Great Photos! Wish I had them before I started the CMNormandy project. The main thing I noticed was that on the big buildings the brick/rock/stucco goes up all the way to the peak of the roof. The ones I made do not. I will try to fix before posting, but I may have to do a follow up due to time considerations. I also noted that some of the buildings have small slit like windows, and some have more modern large windows. Mine are all large, but I think I can live with that.

Anyway, hang in there CMNormandy within the week is my goal.

Thanks.

DavidI

Originally posted by David I:

Jaws,

Great Photos! Wish I had them before I started the CMNormandy project. The main thing I noticed was that on the big buildings the brick/rock/stucco goes up all the way to the peak of the roof. The ones I made do not. I will try to fix before posting, but I may have to do a follow up due to time considerations. I also noted that some of the buildings have small slit like windows, and some have more modern large windows. Mine are all large, but I think I can live with that.

Anyway, hang in there CMNormandy within the week is my goal.

Thanks.

DavidI

smile.gif Great news