Question for Australian military history Grogs on Ambon

Hans

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

We never release information on or admit that the Aussies ever suffered any defeats.

Regards

Jim R.

Defeat? Whats that? smile.gif

Sounds like an archive job that one. The ummm 'successful arrival' of the Japanese at Ambonia and the 'stepping aside' of Gull Force?

Sand digger and Mace. Not to worry the door to my villa has a sign on it that says, 'pull' that should keep any Aussie raiders busy for at least 15 minutes.

For Speedy yes they were the 2nd Bn 21st Regiment and C troop 18th AT battery + some ash and trash.

Originally posted by Hans:

For Speedy yes they were the 2nd Bn 21st Regiment and C troop 18th AT battery + some ash and trash.

2/21 is actually the 21 Bn of 2nd AIF and unfortunately the battalion diary isn't up yet ( up to 2/16 so maybe another month or 2 ), haven't had a chance to check the division and force diaries yet.

Thanks Mike

I had that source which is why I need a map, especially of the action at Laha.

Speedy no info up on Gull force either.

Did those worthly Aussies print any fat tomes full of maps on this action ?

There is a book 2/21 Ambon island of mist by Courtney T Harrison - does anyone have that?