Cheery waffles make the steps from which TNT is assembled; Goodale shows the path

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw this computer stuff. Got L2's Russia Besieged about a month ago and am finally getting around to trying it out.

Before and after pics of my Barbarossa attack (this is just the first impulse of the first turn, I get to attack and move one more time before the Soviet response).

Before:

RB5.jpg

After:

RB1.jpg

Becket, are you one of those uber-German fanboys who gets a thrill from playing the opening of Barbarossa over and over and over again? I've known guys who played the first few turns of Third Reich so often they knew it by heart. As far as I know they never finished a game. By the time things slowed down for Germany, they had lost interest. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Winter effects & Leningrad Ice Road are modeled. Nothing special for areas north of Leningrad, I assume because there's nothing strategically significant there (for this game - only a tiny bit of Finland is shown, and if you take Helsinki, the Finns are out of the game).

Originally posted by Dave H:

Becket, are you one of those uber-German fanboys

Quite the opposite. Though I am, of course, uber.

banner.jpg

I just think the game is neat, especially in how it models the opening attacks. I was shocked by the disintegration of the Western Military District.

Originally posted by Dave H:

Becket, are you one of those uber-German fanboys who gets a thrill from playing the opening of Barbarossa over and over and over again? I've known guys who played the first few turns of Third Reich so often they knew it by heart. As far as I know they never finished a game. By the time things slowed down for Germany, they had lost interest. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You're seriously slipping on the good mornings. :mad:

Originally posted by Thermopylae:

Many delays have slowed Wallybob's eventual demise, or at least that of his pixellated warriors, but rest assured, it is coming. Yes, he has finally recieved another turn.

Ugh. I thought we'd got rid of you. :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by _Axe_:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

You're seriously slipping on the good mornings. :mad: </font>

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

Hey Axe, did you lose your skype settings? I just tried using it and it logged me out and lost all my contacts. Moreover, it would not let me save your info. Lucky me. :mad:

My mic crapped out on me. I'm getting another one tomorrow. I heard your ring but I was....preoccupied. I'll give you a ring Friday.

Some freak named rizalina5519 wants to add me to their list.

LEAVE ME ALONE!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Some freak named rizalina5519 wants to add me to their list.

LEAVE ME ALONE!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Forgot my six-string razor - hit the sky

Half way to memphis ’fore I realised

Well I rang the information - my axe was cold

They said she rides the train to oreoles

Now it’s a mighty long way down the dusty trail

And the sun burns hot on the cold steel rails

’n I look like a bum ’n I crawl like a snail

All the way from memphis

Well I got to oreoles y’know - it took a month

And there was my guitar, electric junk.

Some spade said rock’n’rollers, you’re all the same.

Man that’s your instrument. I felt so ashamed.

Now it’s a mighty long way down rock’n’roll

Through the bradford cities and the oreoles

’n you look like a star but you’re still on the dole

All the way from memphis

Yeah it’s a mighty long way down rock’n’roll

From the liverpool docks to the hollywood bowl

’n you climb up the mountains ’n you fall down the holes

All the way from memphis

As your name gets hot so your heart grows cold

’n you gotta stay young man, you can never be old

All the way from memphis

Through the bradford cities and the oreoles

’n you look like a star but you’re really out on parole!

All the way from memphis

-Mott the Hoople

Becket wrote:

Nothing special for areas north of Leningrad, I assume because there's nothing strategically significant there (for this game - only a tiny bit of Finland is shown, and if you take Helsinki, the Finns are out of the game).
We would have never surrendered! And nothing strategically significant out there? How about the Murmansk railway? Significant proportion of the L-L aid to the Russians was channeled through that route, especially in 1941 and 1942. This must be one of the most unrealistically modelled games for ages, I have to say.

bleep! bleep!

Originally posted by Sgt. Viljuri:

We would have never surrendered! And nothing strategically significant out there? How about the Murmansk railway?

Christ, it's amazing what foreigners will fight over. I guess it's because their own lives are so dreary!

Not like the Finns, wondering when their control of the cell-phone market will catapult them into 'being almost slightly relevant' again. Nor like the pronouncements of some halfwit like Becket, who seems to think that any post he makes without wetting himself entitles him to the status of someone 'who's not as fecking stupid as he appears'.

While I admire the free-spirited nature of the exchanges here in the 'Waffler' thread, existing without rules or hindrance, nor the direction of Justicar, or the review of quasi-mythological figures characterized only as 'The Olde One's', I can't help but notice that most of you lot are so fecking stupid that being abused by members of the 'Peng Challenge Thread' must seem like 'a dream come true' in your path to sentience.

Seriously, I've challenged what passes for the 'my shoes aren't wet with my own urine' leaders of your thread, and I have, so far, been very disappointed.

You lot need to step onto less soggy territory...

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Seriously, I've challenged what passes for the 'my shoes aren't wet with my own urine' leaders of your thread, and I have, so far, been very disappointed.

Umm, you need to send a turn there freak boy.

Then maybe you can talk trash.

I know your skull is overflowing with it and you need to get it out, but sheesh. :mad: :mad:

<font size=5>Good Morning Waffles!!</font>

Better, Axe? Today is my supervisor's last day here at the Census Bureau. Gayle has worked here for the last 27 years and is retiring tomorrow. She selected me for this job seven years ago and I hate to see her leave. She's smart as a whip, has an almost photographic memory, is totally blunt and obscene, and to top it off she's hilarious. At her retirement reception yesterday we figured she had told every one of us to go to hell many, many, many times. :D:D:D

Originally posted by Seanachai:

(snip)I have, so far, been very disappointed.

Awww, did we make an Olde One sad? :(:( Don't worry, I'm sure some of your <font size=1>penguin</font> wankers will act like fools to cheer you up. Maybe you could draw and quarter a few of the Australians. That's always good for a laugh. :D:D

PS Start with that non-turn-sending Mace. :D

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Umm, you need to send a turn there freak boy.

Then maybe you can talk trash.

I know your skull is overflowing with it and you need to get it out, but sheesh. :mad: :mad: </font>

Originally posted by Sgt. Viljuri:

Becket wrote: </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Nothing special for areas north of Leningrad, I assume because there's nothing strategically significant there (for this game - only a tiny bit of Finland is shown, and if you take Helsinki, the Finns are out of the game).

We would have never surrendered! And nothing strategically significant out there? How about the Murmansk railway? Significant proportion of the L-L aid to the Russians was channeled through that route, especially in 1941 and 1942. This must be one of the most unrealistically modelled games for ages, I have to say.

bleep! bleep! </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 53r631:

Speaking of opening moves, where's my turn, _Axe_ (aka. Axe2121)??? :mad:

You want what on the what now?

CMAK or CMBB? :mad: :mad: </font>