Canister shoots guys out of LOS

"An AP shell that has missed won't hit another vehicle"

Are you entirely certain of that? I have a vague (VERY vague) recollection of firing on a column of approaching tanks, the AP round wizzing by the first vehicle and hitting the second. Or am I just crazy?

Zooks etc can be useful in adding to the suppresion of enemy troops in cover. The HCs of the 1940's were very crude by comparison to modern warheads. Simply comparing effect of similar warheads gives a rough idea:

Bazooka: ~90mm from a 60mm rocket

M72 LAW: ~300mm from a 66mm rocket.

The wasted energy doesn't evaporate and will go elsewhere. In addition, if you hit one side of a wall, the resulting hole will cause the displaced material to become fragments against anyone on the far side.

Plus you still have blast overpressure.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Or am I just crazy?

No, the straightjacket is just to keep you warm. There are all kinds of F.O.W.lore going around, such as that men could pick ammo from dead enemies (seen only once by only one person), but nowadays there are treatments available for these problems and surgery is usually only the last measure.

"There are all kinds of F.O.W. lore going around, such as that men could pick ammo from dead enemies (seen only once by only one person)"

That one person was me. ;)

And they were überFinns. I've repeatedly tried repeating it since then with other units but have yet to see another depleted squad return to 100% ammo after sitting for 3 turns. Maybe I AM crazy!

For what it's worth, here are the explosive contents of some of the weapons mentioned above:

WWII Bazooka. 225g explosive.

Korean war "Super-Bazooka". 900g explosive.

M72 LAW. 300g explosive.

The explosive types varied, so these aren't precise comparisons....

Originally posted by REVS:

Hey Redwolf, that's just semantics gone mad! :rolleyes:

I reckon if you loose off a blast of canister at some schmo, you're entitled to call it a "canister round". That doesn't mean I think the canister is 'round', it means I think each blast is 'a round' of ammo!

Anyway, doubting wolf, go check your email, I sent you the game turn so you could see the event for yourself.

Cheers

REVS

Any bets that Redwolf won't be back in here to apologise for his brusqueness and his wrongosity?

Hey Redwolf

A simple apology will suffice. Don't you check your emails? I sent you the game file in the interests of clarity, alerted you to the existence of the email in this thread, and here you are popping up, perpetuating your incorrect assumptions.

Soddball's on the money. Brusqueness and wrongosity personified!

* Finds small wooden door in the corner of the shed, and has a 'Being John Malkovich' like moment and realises he has entered the portal to the back of Redwolf's brain *

Hello, anyone home?

* The lights are on, including the dull glare of a computer screen. But it doesn't seem like anyone's at home. *

Hello, anyone there?

* No response. Oh well, let's check on that screen. Olive green, he must be surfing the CM Forums again. Suddenly hears brain clanking into gear, with sounds like tank tracks reversing... Hears Redwolf-ish voice saying *

"Oh darn. Stepped in with a brusque put-down opinion again and now they're picking on me. Should I admit I'm wrong, or just hold my ground?"

* Whispers into his ear 'apologise Redwolf, and you will be forgiven and enter Valhalla' *

"What was that?" wonders Redwolf. "I'm starting to hear voices. Auuuggggghhhhh"