Associated Press Story: 'The Peng Challenge Thread Welcomes Refugees, Decries Idiocy'

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

I blame Lars. He kept wanting to talk about politics without putting his foot in his mouth.

It's tough to do when you're still drinking beer.

Good thing we ran out.

Bastiges... </font>

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Arrggghhh, and I had to miss it too.

But in the immortal words of Gov. William J. Le Petomane ... </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Affairs of State, must take precedent over the Affairs of State

</font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

You mean like this little soccer hooligan?

Awwww, kawaiii !

So young, and already drunk with violent hatred...Warms an aging heart, it does.

Yet another thing to remember me I'm growing a year older today. To misquote Garfield : I hate birthdays. One step closer to the grave. And, more importantly (and more depressingly), one step closer to overall Seanachayness.

The poet was sooo right..."Mourir, mourir la belle affaire, mourir cela n'est rien, mais vieillir..." (Dying, dying, petty thing, dying's nothing, but growing old...)

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Arrggghhh, and I had to miss it too.

But in the immortal words of Gov. William J. Le Petomane ... </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Affairs of State, must take precedent over the Affairs of State

</font>

Well, the fight has pretty much stopped to a lull, after Lars ran out of arty - but boy, did he pelt that sandpatch. Probably a reminiscence of Dune - did he try to lure a sandcrawler into attacking my panzers ? Only him and God know. And I'm not that sure for him, either.

On my side, the action is all about carefully navigating around known minefields and into unknown ones. But I got one through, DAMMIT !

The whole outside wall. Dipsh*ts were blacktoping and started the exterior on fire right outside my office.

And the whole muffler just fell off my truck on the way home for lunch.

And Shary's truck blew something major this morning, there's fluid/oil all over the driveway.

Sigh...

Typical day at the trailer park isn't Lars?

I take a well earned hiatus and I come back and The Evil One is no where to be found. Tsk, quite disappointing really. One would expect some staying power out of Death.

On a side note I'm leaving this frigid, winter wonderland that is North Dakota and moving to Korea...Yongsan Korea to be exact. While I'm overjoyed to be placing half a world between myself, Minnesota and all things Canadian; I'm now that much closer to Australia. Really a case of damned if I do, damned if I do.

Fortunately, I believe the ROK has placed a cease-and-desist order preventing Mace from reaching the mainland.

Originally posted by Wildman:

Fortunately, I believe the ROK has placed a cease-and-desist order preventing Mace from reaching the mainland.

Shame South Korea isn't high on my 'must visit one day' list.

Anyway, since you're there, it's slipped further down on my list.

Mace

Originally posted by Lars:

truck blew something major this morning,

Well, as long as there was consent between both parties...

there's fluid all over the driveway
And I guess there would be, given the above!

Mace

Originally posted by Mace:

Spent all night on that, hey Axe?

It shows.

Mace

Good. I'd hate to think all that work was for nothing. I have Seanachai to impress, don't you know.

*looks around, straightens tie*

Is he here?

:mad: :mad:

Ahem. I pass this along to all of you lot:

Alexander Donald Leete has arrived.

He was born via C-section on the First of July, at 3:05 PM.

He weighs in at 8 lbs. 10 ozs.

He is 21" long, and has light brown curly hair.

Mother and son are doing well.

Father is being run ragged in only the first day.

Congratulations, RLeete, you insufferable toad. Great to hear, and we're all very happy for you.

Now, get ready to yield up your very life. Children are wonderful little vampires that suck the very life-force out of their parents and use it to grow and fuel their own joyful activities. Soon you'll be a hollow husk, and your son will be a strapping, happy lad playing against much older and more vile individuals like myself who will still have the energy for a game, because we never had children...

Originally posted by Lars:

And the whole muffler just fell off my truck on the way home for lunch.

And Shary's truck blew something major this morning, there's fluid/oil all over the driveway.

Sigh...

You were right, Dalem, that extra 30 minutes we spent at Lars's after he staggered inside and passed out was indeed worth it.

Having not seen any results, I was afraid our efforts were too subtle, but I guess it just took time...

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

Good. I'd hate to think all that work was for nothing. I have Seanachai to impress, don't you know.

*looks around, straightens tie*

Is he here?

:mad: :mad:

I'm speechless... </font>