Fall Trees for CMAK mod

I uploaded fall trees and terrain for CMAK at cmmods. I figured it would be easier than explaining how to do it and where to find the mods. From the mod text.

"CMAK does not have fall terrain like CMBB. This mod includes fall trees from CMBB mods by TAL, DD, SDOG, CMBB brush doodads, CMAK N.A. hedge, in terrain windows made from photos on the net and CMOutpost.

I use with McMMM and DD's grass and steppe mod CMBB, Gurra's fall treebases, brush, and Autumn Fields wheat mods. If you have CMBB, try the stock buldings. The fall sky can be used if renumbered. Also try Juju's treebases and Eichenbaum's OSF open ground. Backup your files."

I will do the sky if there are enough downloads of the trees. A larger pic is at my site.

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by David I:

RHZ did a great job on the pine trees and the rough terrain is totally bitchin. I never got my head around the COMMOS/McMMM thing, but I did make a ETO/Fall game and play all the Oct/Nov scenarios on that. RHZ's mods are a welcome addition.

Thanks RHZ.

DavidI

As well thanks for your ETO collection! smile.gif A bud mailed the stuff over on CD. ETO, J2D`s and my small additiion together look great! :cool: ..with the right mods installed certain scenarios are simply more fun to play, no doubt! :eek: smile.gif

DavidI,

why not having a 'script' of a sort to update all terrain bmps and battles accordingly to the calendar on your computer? As soon as you switch it on, CM starts installing all of the above, and you can hear cannonballs fly and sgts yelling orders, etc...

Hem, wouldn't be simpler if BF listen to US and make a whole WWII OpenGL game, on all fronts, from the Polish Cavalry to the Me262 fighter-bomber: I mean fix an acceptable game engine (which I deem they've already got), fix a graphic engine (OGL I beleve is here to stay), publish the game we may buy it, and finally let us start making MODS!

:D

But sure enough I also want the Royal Marines with bycicles!

Seq,

well, it depends... E.g. at this moment the Northern Italy, where I live, which is surely more like a Northern European country, as far as we're talking about landscapes, is sunny, and South Italy is under the snow, and usually that part of this Country is more like Greece, or even North Africa. The centre of Italy is quite peculiar, given the fact you're projected in the middle of the Med Sea, but is quite impervious: here the 10th US Mountain Division fought very harsh battles... Maybe I'll make a scenario, or at least a good Map to give you an idea of the landscape: actually I never saw narrow valleys with a small river, and a road carved out of the steep mountain, running along it, with stone low walls on the side of the precipice, and a bridge, with some village with up going small lanes that separate the stone houses... As for AK, I've played a few of the Italian scenarios, and mainly those fought on the flat lands north of Firenze and Bologna, and they were quite realistic, as far as I know. Sicily should be more like Tunisia, with Mountains and rocky ground, and some green as well. Well, just consider Naples is on the same long as NY City.

And I forgot to mention it: I still have to see a faithful map of the Cassino battle... I have in mind a famous picture of this moon-like landscape of the hilly town where there is NO WALL standing, and above it the mountain with the dominant ruins of the monastry: I don't know if it's possible at all with the Map editor to reproduce that...

Originally posted by Gen Von Television:

...the only trouble is that I have to re-install all these mods if I want to fight a summer battle! :rolleyes:

The broken trees (high pines) and rough terrain can be used for all non snow weather conditions when theather is set to italy/Grass. Just the tree bases (the ground terrain tiles) change from between 1943 and 1944, but I´d consider this a minor issue only.

RHZ, I liked your bare and exploded pine trees MOD: in fact I installed it anyway, but for the rough terrain I still use other choices of stones... Wouldn't be great if the next CMX2 would use the rubble effects for woods/trees as well? That would simulate the devastation of a wood bombardment, as in the woods of Foy Easy Co 506/101 had to endure... And the graphics of your kind appearing after the shelling would give more realism to that effect.