**FROM-SCRATCH Staghound II Mod!!!**

Second in my Staghound series:

Total from-scratch 3 inch howitzer Staghound II (late production vehicle).

At our favorite sit of course.

www.cmmods.com

[Edited. Now filed under the proper 'Staghound II" listing in cmmods.com.]

My Staghound I mod last week was an initial production vehicle. This new Staghound II is late production. Hinged engine desk, Late clean-design turret. There are a couple late vehicle details that the polygon wouldn't permit, most notably the add-on gun & gun sight shields. But I've seen photos of late Stags lacking these details.

I fixed one goof on the default textures. I deleted the bow mg and plugged the opening. On the Staghound II the hull machine gunner's position was eliminated for 3 inch ammo stowage. I decided to jetison the jetisonable fuel tank as these would normally be dumped before combat (If you want to keep the fuel tank I've included the necessary bmps as alts). Check out the cool new tow cable on the vehicle!

Here's the screenshot from cmmods.com:

http://www.cmmods.com/web/CMAKMods.nsf/d108908febc2d41c85256c5f005fd337/40F74FC60DCF5EDB85256ED6004A3FDC/$File/STAGIIMD.JPG

[ July 21, 2004, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Mikey, very nice mod. Which Allied outfit used that mailed fist emblem? For a moment, I thought it was the emblem belonging to the 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division Gotz von Berlichingen, but upon double-checking, I saw that their "mailed fist" was tilted to the right, not the left as in your mod.

That's the badge of the Brit 6th Armored (or Armoured) Division which served in Italy and I believe ended the war in Austria.

Talk about emblem confusion, I recall reading there were some counfusion early in the Italian campaign because the Herman Goring Division's emblem was a white star! That got changed pretty quick.