A Quick CMAK Primer

Harv

Here's a little information about some of the new things you'll be seeing in the CMAK demo, but were afraid to ask about.

To begin with, we have some more detail about multiple gun tanks...

The two guns are Not able to engage more than one target at a time. Only one target can be engaged, although either or both guns may fire throughout the turn, at the TacAI’s discretion.

Multiple gun tanks can only be given One Cover Arc command, which includes both guns

A Cover Arc command will Not cause the hull to rotate in the direction of the arc, but the turret will rotate normally (as in CMBB) in the direction of the arc. A manual Rotate command must be given if you want the hull gun pointed in a given direction.

There are different ammo designations for multiple gun tanks now…

“Normal” numbers, such as 116HE and 54AP refer to the ammo count for the turret gun.

Numbers that end with a “7”, such as 20A7 and 32H7 refer to ammo remaining for the hull gun. HE will be H7, and AP shot will be designated A7.

More to come. Stay tuned...

Harv

Sandbags...

Sandbags are handled as a terrain feature by the game engine, and it can be assumed that their presence is always known due to advance scouting, aerial recon, prisoners etc.

They represent a prepared fighting position, and can be used by any unit including vehicles.

Harv

Originally posted by Harv:

Sandbags...

Hi, Harv, I have a question. In the desert troops did not always have bags (plenty of sand though :D ), so they created sangers or weapons pits by digging shallow holes and surrounding them with stacks of flat rocks to create low walls. These weren't as satisfactory as sandbags for protection because they tended to create secondary splinters when hit by shell fragments or bullets, but they were better than nothing. My question is, are these modeled specifically for their characteristics in the game?

Michael

Originally posted by Harv:

Alright Famine, that is bordering very closely on Grog-Talk and we'll have none of that here, unless we need some. Or something.

Anyways, the answer to your question is...no.

Harv

Ever the polite one. When dealing with one of the Horsemen, it is suggested that you rebuke them in a forthright and stern manner. If they sense any degree of niceness they will attack with grim ferocity.

Try This:

ATTENTION: FAMINE

In a million years and a million lifetimes, if you came begging for just a drop from my bountiful well as your lips dried up into thin parched memories of their former luster, if all the lands of the earth rose up into the tallest mountains pushing their peaks into an atmosphereless sky, the odds of your request being included in CMAK would be the same as your:

1) IQ

2) Chances of Getting a date

3) The amount of available credit on your Credit Card

which would be the same as saying:

ZERO

Hope this helps!

:D

Originally posted by Salkin:

Hey !

Let's try to keep this thread civil.

Park your high horses outside the thread and nobody mess with the apocalypso guys cause then noone will be playing CMAK !!

//Salkin

setting things straight with bad grammar

Matey - you do not want me to get on my high horse...

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

...blahblah...insane babbling...blahblah...misplaced vitriol...more insane babbling...

Jeez, you try to give a guy a boost up in the world and what does he do? It goes to his head and he turns on you.

Well, Mister Morass, we'll see about you. Maybe tonight you're gonna wake up hungry and go down to the kitchen. And maybe when you open the refrigerator, you'll begin to realize that the power has been off. And what you find inside is...(wait for it)...millions of happy, well-fed cockroaches.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Famine (No more Mister Nice Guy)

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Back to the original topic -- when the Lee takes a gun hit (that's the Grant for all you danged Yankees), how can you tell which gun has been hit? Will the other gun continue to fire?

Steve

Very good question, as I don't recall ever getting a gun damage with a Lee/Grant when I used them.

However, after pinging a (seemingly) few thousand smallish caliber rounds off an M3 I finally got a gun damage result and...

it looks like they both are damaged. I assume this is an engine limitation still, as the guns are listed as a 37mm + 75mm, and are almost treated as a single gun.

Harv

OOhhh! OOhhh! I have a question!

What's with the seemingly more surrender happy TacAI? I'm getting quite a few more POW's then before.

Also, I'm seeing initial sound contacts for guns show up as infantry markers (you have to click on them for a "gun?" indicator). Only after they've fired off a few more rounds does the generic towed field piece show up. Is this intentional?