MikeyD's Tiger I W.I.P.

Originally posted by Earl Grey:

Mikey, you never cease to amaze! But still hoping for the Brummbär... ;)

I knew I wasn't the only out there that hopes the Grizzly Bears get redone. ;)

Definitely looking forward to his Tigers though.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it would be "BRUMMBÄREN" - and I should know, because I´m German. ;)

Anyway, I know what you mean, I already tried to figure out the details. Best books on the matter either by Trojca or Panzer Tracts, I think. But do the Tiger first, that´s okay. Will you do another Tiger II, by the way?

And, lest I forget: Do we get banned on this board for offensive language? :D

Actually, it would be "BRUMMBÄREN" - and I should know, because I´m German. ;)

Anyway, I know what you mean, I already tried to figure out the details. Best books on the matter either by Trojca or Panzer Tracts, I think. But do the Tiger first, that´s okay. Will you do another Tiger II, by the way?

And, lest I forget: Do we get banned on this board for offensive language? :D

No more Tiger 2s for me. Too many good ones out there already, no need to replow that field.

Talk about Brumbars, I read that Bavaria saw its first bear in the woods in more than a hundred years! A stray brown bear (?) wandered in from Austria. Nabbed a couple sheep in the process. I was surprised to read the bear had been hunted to extinction in Germany, considering the critter's widespread depiction in town symbols, etc.

No more Tiger 2s for me. Too many good ones out there already, no need to replow that field.

Talk about Brumbars, I read that Bavaria saw its first bear in the woods in more than a hundred years! A stray brown bear (?) wandered in from Austria. Nabbed a couple sheep in the process. I was surprised to read the bear had been hunted to extinction in Germany, considering the critter's widespread depiction in town symbols, etc.

Correct, a brwon bear... On the one hand they were considered too dangerous and on the other hand a lot of hunters thought it to be good trophy if they hung a bear's head over their chimney... or the ultimate kill for a 'real' man... by the way, the same goes for wolves and eagles, though we have a few of them back.

It´s a pity, but we often think bad things are a good idea, don't we? We all should know, my country started two world wars not that long ago.

Correct, a brwon bear... On the one hand they were considered too dangerous and on the other hand a lot of hunters thought it to be good trophy if they hung a bear's head over their chimney... or the ultimate kill for a 'real' man... by the way, the same goes for wolves and eagles, though we have a few of them back.

It´s a pity, but we often think bad things are a good idea, don't we? We all should know, my country started two world wars not that long ago.

Does the use of bigger bitmap files have a serious effect on game play? Obviously the visual impression is magnificent when viewed close-up, but I presume the video system uses smaller and smaller versions of the original master bitmap as the viewing distance gets more and more? I certainly have not noticed any negative impact when using these sorts of files, but then I'd still use them even if it did!

Lovely work, MickeyD!

Tim P

Does the use of bigger bitmap files have a serious effect on game play? Obviously the visual impression is magnificent when viewed close-up, but I presume the video system uses smaller and smaller versions of the original master bitmap as the viewing distance gets more and more? I certainly have not noticed any negative impact when using these sorts of files, but then I'd still use them even if it did!

Lovely work, MickeyD!

Tim P

I've got a low end system and I've found hi-res art on a couple Tigers doesn't make much of a difference at all (except making the art look nicer). What starts to hurt is when my machine's got to handle hi-res grass or trees or buildings, and ESPECIALLY hi-res skies! You know those sky mods I did awhile ago? You guys got the "good stuff", for my wimpy little G3 mac I had to cut the resolution on my own art in half just to keep everything else in view from down-sampling! :eek:

About the running gear. While working on the art I kept repeating "I must be crazy, I'm never gonna pull this off. I must be crazy, I'm never gonna pull this off. I must... hey, its starting to not look half-bad!"

[ May 26, 2006, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

I've got a low end system and I've found hi-res art on a couple Tigers doesn't make much of a difference at all (except making the art look nicer). What starts to hurt is when my machine's got to handle hi-res grass or trees or buildings, and ESPECIALLY hi-res skies! You know those sky mods I did awhile ago? You guys got the "good stuff", for my wimpy little G3 mac I had to cut the resolution on my own art in half just to keep everything else in view from down-sampling! :eek:

About the running gear. While working on the art I kept repeating "I must be crazy, I'm never gonna pull this off. I must be crazy, I'm never gonna pull this off. I must... hey, its starting to not look half-bad!"

[ May 26, 2006, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]