Peng Challenge Thread III- Revenge of the Nerds

Where was I, Joe?

I was waiting and watching and watching my back. I was washing my back and winding my watch. I was biding my time and bidding adieu and boding well.

I was sodding a lark and braving the dark. I was wasting my days and batting for Mays. Whistling some tunes whilst polishing spoons.

I was experiencing this blessed panoply we call life, far above your small strife, thumbing my nose and caring for fair Rose.

And now in my waning years, I'll shed no tears over your perceived fears, but while my English you parse, I show you my arse.

(And don't be messin' with Rose, or I'll tell on you and she'll come in here and slap you around like a drunk Southern widow. See if she don't!)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

"But... if Boo is speaking to me...

Then somewhere there's a homeless guy, drooling into his lap, who's missing his evening discussion of the arts.

Boo, my demented hench-creature, an evening's conversation with you is like a Chautauqua with an australopithecine.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. Or with you. You're just as God made you, Torg— er, Boo.

Well we're back from the Shadows again

Out where Boo Radley's your friend

Where the vegetables are green

and you can pee right into the stream!

(and that's important)

Yes we're back from the Shadows, again!

Originally posted by Stuka:

I'm getting it....

Plenty in fact!

Twice so far today and its just gone lunchtime.

Its great to be me....

I'm sure that you tell yourself that every time before you take advantage of yourself.

Do you buy yourself dinner, first, or do you simply get drunk, get into the car, and shove your own head into your lap?

Okay, Joe, quoting the dictionary is the last refuge of a man who's descended to the level of dangling shiny objects in front of the chimps while frantically reassuring himself that he hasn't descended to any level at all.

Do not post excerpts from the dictionary.

That sort of thing simply panders to the ignorance of the hominids.

Speaking of 'descent', 'ignorance' and 'bloody minded bastards', it's probably time for me to post some 'feedback' about the Rune scenario that I'm currently playing with Lars.

I'm sure that Rune expected more feedback by now. If so, he probably shouldn't have made the map encompass 120,000 square acres of wheat and flame covered wilderness. After 20 some turns of steady advance, my troops have definitively established that Lars' troops aren't currently huddled in a corner of the map, but must, in fact, be somewhere more in the middle.

I've lost all contact with one company after they took wives from the local population and settled down to grow barley and raise pigs. Another company has recently checked in to inform me that they think they've found a private hunting preserve originally owned by the Shah of Iran, and a platoon of Sherman tanks is currently trying to work out a common language with a lost stone age tribe who's currently building stone megalith depictions of their bogged AFVs.

There's a very good chance that I will never have to actually fight Lars's troops, because by the time I reach them they will have succumbed to depression, alcoholism and disease.

Occasionally I've been informed that I have 'reinforcements', but a thorough search of the map has only turned up about half of them. Where the others came in, I have no clue. Hopefully they are achieving rich lives of meditation and artistic pursuits.

Since the sodding scenario is 70+ turns, I imagine that all of them will eventually be reintegrated into the war, but it's hard to say. Possibly the final fire-fight will be carried out by their sons.

From an earlier conversation:

Seanachai: Now, Dalem wouldn't bat an eye about putting a million people to death, if he thought it contributed to some purpose he believed in.

For me, I could only put a million people to death if they really pissed me off. I mean, personally.

That's the difference between Dalem's politics and my own. He'll wipe out an entire population for an ideal. I'd only kill them if I disliked them.

Mace: I don't think I could put a million people to death.

Seanachai: That's because you're sane. Also, Australian. You people still have that whole 'rights of the individual' thing going on.