Peng Challenge Thread III- Revenge of the Nerds

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

As I sit here nursing an oncoming cold in the sure and certain knowledge that it's only going to get worse and probably make me really sick and lose my voice (and me a professional trainer)...

Joe

That's OK, I don't imagine the seals at Sea World will mind your cold too much. Just keep feeding them those little fishies and I'm sure they'll heed your every command.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Is that line from a "Matlock" episode?

No, man. That was the name of the bit he did as a standup comedian that made it onto a record 50+ years ago and launched his career as a nationally known comedian.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

Is that line from a "Matlock" episode?

No, man. That was the name of the bit he did as a standup comedian that made it onto a record 50+ years ago and launched his career as a nationally known comedian.

Michael </font>

...I wasn't aware that you were a Griffith Grog as well.

I am the God Emperor of the Known and Unknown Universe. Don't mess with me. I've got your number and it ain't 42.

BTW, my all-time favorite Griffith movie is one where he doesn't have a comic role, but for a change plays a cold-blooded killer. Talk about acting against type! It was chilling and I thought he pulled it off really well.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

I am the God Emperor of the Known and Unknown Universe. Don't mess with me. I've got your number and it ain't 42.

BTW, my all-time favorite Griffith movie is one where he doesn't have a comic role, but for a change plays a cold-blooded killer. Talk about acting against type! It was chilling and I thought he pulled it off really well.

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Michael </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Michael </font>

*sheesh* You guys are sad...

It was Gramps.

"Gramps

1995 - USA

Type: Features

Rating: NR

Running Time: 90 minutes

Starring: Andy Griffith, John Ritter, Mary-Margaret Humes

Directed by: Bradford May

PLOT DESCRIPTION

Andy Griffith shed a bit of his nice-guy image in this made-for-TV movie, in which he plays Jack McGruder, the elderly father of Clarke McGruder (John Ritter), a successful lawyer. Jack has been missing for years, and Clarke has spent some time trying to track down his father's whereabouts; after the death of Clarke's mother, Jack reappears, and Clarke goes out of his way to reintegrate him with his family, allowing him to move in with his wife and son. But while Jack seems genial on the surface, there's a dark and troubling undercurrent to his personality, and in time Clarke realizes his father isn't just cranky, but dangerous. Gramps first aired in 1995, and its initial broadcast ran opposite the much-anticipated wedding episode of the popular TV series Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. Dr. Quinn won a decisive victory in the ratings that night, leading Andy Griffith to quip to a reporter, "It's hard to beat a 39-year-old virgin getting married." ~ Mark Deming, All Movie Guide"

You guys aren't serious in this discussion. are you?

Sheesh, 6 pages into a discussion and he wants to know if we're having it.

I had to go back and verify you weren't Oddstrilian.

Originally posted by Egbert:

You guys aren't serious in this discussion. are you?

Sheesh, 6 pages into a discussion and he wants to know if we're having it.

I had to go back and verify you weren't Oddstrilian. </font>

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

Couldn't we just wait until he runs out of money to pay his internet bill?

Heh, the old firm will continue paying that through the summer . . . .

MUahahahahahahahahahaha!

Steve

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

I just wanted to mention the St Lawrence Seaway and how insignificant it is compared to me internal plumbing.

Now here we go....why have we waited so long to discuss this topic ???

Now what I'm praying for is for the Visigoths to pay a nice visit to the paddock....the ones with those very large axes and broadswords. I wonder what donkey steak tastes like?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

I just wanted to mention the St Lawrence Seaway and how insignificant it is compared to me internal plumbing.

Now here we go....why have we waited so long to discuss this topic ???

Now what I'm praying for is for the Visigoths to pay a nice visit to the paddock....the ones with those very large axes and broadswords. I wonder what donkey steak tastes like? </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Dear God...

Now I imagine I'll have to apologize to Joe, and even Dalem, because this is, without a doubt, the WORST FECKING THREAD TITLE EVER.

Where the hell have you been, you awful little man??????

Probably trying to hack off the bracelet that the Minnesota D.A, is making him wear. You know the one that gives off the piercing wail when he goes near small children.

I'm allowed near small children because I am, in fact, a wonderful font of wisdom and supportiveness.

However, there is currently a restraining order in effect that forbids me from approaching any building and/or employee of MSN's technical support service...