Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

MasterGoodale's Thread of Cheery Waffles, Maggots, and Lost penguins

GRRAAGGGHHHAAAGGHAHAGAHAHAGAGH :mad: :mad:

AXE call the frecking technician dude.I think your email providers gas meter is frozen again.

Translation?Send me the setup dude.Email addy is in a post,way the freck back on page 8.

6 months of NOT being able to chuck TNT and now AXE is toying with me. :rolleyes:

GRRAAGGHAHAGAHAGAHAGHRRAAHGHGGH :mad: :mad:

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Becket:

Hey Dave, did you send that setup back to me? If so, we're having email difficulties again.

Becket, yes, I've sent it twice already. I did forget to request confirmation of delivery, so I'll try it again this evening. For some reason when I requested the confirmation it seemed to work better in our last game. :confused:

Soddball, I like this version of Inferno much better than the CMBB scenario. I can't say for sure why; maybe the map seems more open. Whatever the reason, Snarker and I have many, many fires going. :eek:

Whatever happened to mike_the_wino? Has he stopped playing Combat Mission? Is he at the Betty Ford Clinic? The maggot challenged me to a PBEM (we're using the BDLRM scenario, with him defending); then he disappeared when he discovered how useless his weapons were. GRRRRRRR!!! :mad: :mad:

How about Mike/Stalin's Organ? I know he was taking a two week vacation, but I thought that was over the holidays. I've got his Kiwis right where I want them in a PBEM :rolleyes: , but I can't finish him off with no turns.

Quick question for Boo, Kitty, YK2, Mace, and our other guest <font size=1>penguins</font size=1>. Has something happened to the Peng thread to cause you to spend more time here in the land of Cheery Waffles? A couple of us were just curious about why you are spending time here instead of in your old stomping ground. I thought it was to escape the Aussies, but Mace showing up ruined that theory. We figured maybe it was from the welcome you received here. Then we thought it was to escape Seanachai and his long-winded posts. So is there any particular reason, or just kismet? :D:D Whatever the reason, it's a pleasure to have you with us. But do try to keep the hairballs to a minimum. :D

Originally posted by Dave H:

Quick question for Boo, Kitty, YK2, Mace, and our other guest <font size=1>penguins</font size=1>. Has something happened to the Peng thread to cause you to spend more time here in the land of Cheery Waffles? A couple of us were just curious about why you are spending time here instead of in your old stomping ground. I thought it was to escape the Aussies, but Mace showing up ruined that theory. We figured maybe it was from the welcome you received here. Then we thought it was to escape Seanachai and his long-winded posts. So is there any particular reason, or just kismet? :D:D Whatever the reason, it's a pleasure to have you with us. But do try to keep the hairballs to a minimum. :D

I just like to share the wonderfulness which is me with as many people as possible.

I feel it's my mission here on Earth to enrich as many sad pathetic lives as possible.

That and the fact that if I'm taking a break at work and no one's posted anything new and exciting in the MBT(may she forever wave), I bop in here.

Plus, as I'm playing three of you nimrods, I feel it's only fair that you put up with me.

Originally posted by Soddball:

Mace and Kitty - when you've finished having your Peng wierdnessfest, I would like to know how you got on with Inferno. Was it :mad: enough for you?

I can't really call it at this point cause right when things started lighting up, our game got cut off. Will have to get back to you on this when we finish the whole game. =(

Kitty

Was it :mad: enough for you?

GAAAACK AAAAAARGH AAAACKGACCKKK *clears phlem.......and spits it out onto the ground*

*PTOOEY!*

Were you in a loving mood when you designed this? Were you skipping through a field of pretty flowers, frolicking with the lovely butterflies and birdies?

BECAUSE THERE WAS NO HATE IN THIS SCENARIO DESIGN!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

We never started setting the town and each other alight until turn 10, when we wanted to commence a frenzy of burning and mutual emmolation from turn 1!!!

So what we reckon is reduce the number of victory flags to 3 to focus the forces more quickly into contestable, veritable seas of molten hate destruction thingies.

Inferno? Soggy matches more like.

Mace

Hmm. Don't mind me. Just passing. Though in here, that should probably be passing wind. Not that anyone would notice of course. Anyway, to business ...

Mace,

have you recieved a bunch of larg-ish emails from me recently? If not, I'll resend.

Jon

Originally posted by JonS:

Mace,

have you recieved a bunch of larg-ish emails from me recently? If not, I'll resend.

Yes. Thanks Jon.

I never knew it was possible to do that simultaneously to a sheep and Kiwi bird gaffa-taped together until I received your pictures.

Mace

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

Was it :mad: enough for you?

GAAAACK AAAAAARGH AAAACKGACCKKK *clears phlem.......and spits it out onto the ground*

*PTOOEY!*

Were you in a loving mood when you designed this? Were you skipping through a field of pretty flowers, frolicking with the lovely butterflies and birdies?

BECAUSE THERE WAS NO HATE IN THIS SCENARIO DESIGN!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

We never started setting the town and each other alight until turn 10, when we wanted to commence a frenzy of burning and mutual emmolation from turn 1!!!

So what we reckon is reduce the number of victory flags to 3 to focus the forces more quickly into contestable, veritable seas of molten hate destruction thingies.

Inferno? Soggy matches more like.

Mace </font>

I suspect that the problem was that you were playing it like you would any CM game. The key with Inferno is to Fast Move everywhere and burn everything from the get-go. When playtesting it I had burning buildings on turn 1.

If you only have a few flags that discourages people from using the rest of the map, and there's sooo much fun to be had in the bocage section. :mad: :mad: :mad: The game has to be playable vs the AI aswell as vs screaming loons.

Who are you calling a screaming loon??? :mad: :mad: I don't scream. :mad:

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

I read in the paper that Indiana and Ohio were looking to start a new University that would encompass both states. It would be called the Indiana Ohio University.

It ran into trouble and the idea was abandoned because no bank would fund the IOU. :D

Ah yes, the gentle and vapid humor of the aged.

Tell me, Jimmy, did one of your wizened shuffleboard buddies tell that to you while you were on your way to your early bird supper at Denny's yesterday afternoon?

Around 4?

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Ah yes, the gentle and vapid humor of the aged.

Tell me, Jimmy, did one of your wizened shuffleboard buddies tell that to you while you were on your way to your early bird supper at Denny's yesterday afternoon?

Around 4?

Speaking of which, I finally got my official AARP membership kit in the mail.

*Sniff*

Now I can fart in public and not have to say "excuse me"! :D

Right Dave H?

...Speaking of which, I finally got my official AARP membership kit in the mail.

*Sniff*

Now I can fart in public and not have to say "excuse me"! :D

Right Dave H?

Hey, I've been getting stuff from the AARP for a couple of years now. So far I've thrown it all away unopened. Just because you pass 50 doesn't make you old. Joining the AARP and taking advantage of senior discounts and not having fun - that makes you old!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Besides, I say "excuse me" even when I'm by myself! redface.gifredface.gif

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Snarker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Snarker:

...like relatives that stay more than three days. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Why do you say that? Was the circus in town? </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kitty:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

Hey, I've been getting stuff from the AARP for a couple of years now.

What's an AARP? Isn't that the sound a baby snow seal makes when you hit it with a club?

Kitty </font>