MasterGoodale's Thread of Cheery Waffles, Maggots, and Lost penguins

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Becket:

Boo, I loathe you.

Well, don't we all? tongue.gif;)

DaveH, that was an inspired bit of fiefing. I demand satisfaction on the field of battle. CMAK or CMBB, your choice.
Awww, I'm blushing! Thanks to all of you maggots and <font size=1>penguins</font size=1> and whatever other riff-raff who piled on and wiped out my army, making me a knight in the process. I still plan to be chaotic, so don't be surprised. Do you think any of the other alliances will let me join? Oh, and CMAK will be just fine with me. Send me a setup. :D:D:D

Well, thanks for the kind words all, but Paula turned down the job. It was a great facility (http://www.victoriavillage.ca/) but they are under a provincially-mandated budget and could only offer $7,000 less than what she is making now. :( With a new house, it was a bigger hit in the wallet than we could take right now.

As usual, she saw the positive (she was offered the job, after all). As for me, I just saw more commuting for her. She works very hard so the two of us can enjoy what we have and I am so proud of her every day.

To top it off, I had to shovel 30 centimetres of snow from not only my driveway but my parents' since they are in Mexico right now. :mad: :mad: The forecast for tonight? —36C with the windchill.

Turns and my long-promised, never-delivered update tonight. I feel like Pete Rose. :mad:

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Well, thanks for the kind words all, but Paula turned down the job. It was a great facility (http://www.victoriavillage.ca/) but they are under a provincially-mandated budget and could only offer $7,000 less than what she is making now. :( With a new house, it was a bigger hit in the wallet than we could take right now.

As usual, she saw the positive (she was offered the job, after all). As for me, I just saw more commuting for her. She works very hard so the two of us can enjoy what we have and I am so proud of her every day.

Well maybe if you were to get off that large spotty behind of yours and get a REAL job...

I mean, really, "reporter/photographer"?

Maybe someone should wake up and accept the reality that they aren't Jimmy Olsen and Superman won't be their bestest friend in the world.

To top it off, I had to shovel 30 centimetres of snow from not only my driveway but my parents' since they are in Mexico right now. :mad: :mad: The forecast for tonight? —36C with the windchill.

30 centimeters...that's like what...? A cubit and a half?

-36C? Arrgh, the wolves will be out tonight, comin' inta the village ta eat yer young! Pile extra dung on yer fire, man!

Turns and my long-promised, never-delivered update tonight. I feel like Pete Rose. :mad:

Soft and mushy?

Axe, if you want to be like Pete Rose it's okay with me. Just please tell me you don't wear dress shirts with a little number monogrammed onto the collar. That is so precious it makes me want to be sick. redface.gifredface.gifredface.gif :eek: :eek:

Have you noticed the maggots have been absent - no doubt playing that infernal virus Fiefdom. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Becket, send me a setup.

Originally posted by Dave H:

Have you noticed the maggots have been absent - no doubt playing that infernal virus Fiefdom. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I shouldn't worry too much if I were you. What with most of them having attentions spans not unlike hummingbirds on methamphetamines, they'll probably forget all about it soon enough.

Pity.

Excuse the interruption.

Whatever happened to MasterGoodale, anyway? His CM Forum career was like a bright star, flying across the heavens. Now, his only legacy is this thread and the peculiar form of aggressive communication found here.

Er.. Or is the answer for this found over in that section on how to do a screen shot?

Sincerely,

Lurker in Limbo

Originally posted by kenfedoroff:

Excuse the interruption.

Whatever happened to MasterGoodale, anyway? His CM Forum career was like a bright star, flying across the heavens. Now, his only legacy is this thread and the peculiar form of aggressive communication found here.

Er.. Or is the answer for this found over in that section on how to do a screen shot?

Sincerely,

Lurker in Limbo

Dear Lurker,

He who goes by the name MasterGoodale perished in an unfortunate accident in his New Hampshire home while trying to rid it once and for all of mold, ants and mice.

His solution was copious amounts of TNT.

No remains were ever found.

Actually, he posted less and less after he got Call of Duty. His last post said he may return someday. Keep your fingers crossed it never comes to that.

But you know what they say about bad pennies....

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kenfedoroff:

Excuse the interruption.

Sincerely,

Lurker in Limbo

Dear Lurker,

He who goes by the name MasterGoodale perished in an unfortunate accident in his New Hampshire home while trying to rid it once and for all of mold, ants and mice.

Actually, he posted less and less after he got Call of Duty. His last post said he may return someday. Keep your fingers crossed it never comes to that.

But you know what they say about bad pennies.... </font>

Dear Lurker,

But you know what they say about bad pennies....

Ok... So it was nothing serious (that kept him away).

Thanks guys.

Ken

Turns out to El Skunkito, Teddy Windsor, Axe, Soddball, and Snarker. I'm waiting for turns from mike_the_wino and Lurkur. Where are you maggots hiding? Hasn't anyone told you that Christmas is over for another year? :D:D

Becket, I like Fiefdom, but I don't think the system should be so open-ended. It seems to me that once a fief reaches a certain population there need to be negative consequences from increasing population pressure. As it stands now a few experienced early-joiner players can form an alliance and keep everyone else from ever having any chance to catch them in the rankings. Actually, I was thinking about what a wonderful model of gang wars that Fiefdom provides. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Turns out to El Skunkito, Teddy Windsor, Axe, Soddball, and Snarker. I'm waiting for turns from mike_the_wino and Lurkur. Where are you maggots hiding? Hasn't anyone told you that Christmas is over for another year? :D:D

Becket, I like Fiefdom, but I don't think the system should be so open-ended. It seems to me that once a fief reaches a certain population there need to be negative consequences from increasing population pressure. As it stands now a few experienced early-joiner players can form an alliance and keep everyone else from ever having any chance to catch them in the rankings. Actually, I was thinking about what a wonderful model of gang wars that Fiefdom provides. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dave, just sent you your turn. And yes, you hit the nail on the head with Fiefdom's problems. Though, I may proudly say, the Wafflers (and two or three penguins) came in like gangbusters and made a good showing. But, we're now being beaten down by the uber-alliance, amid much self-congratulation and proclamations of how honorable they are, and dishonorable their opponents are. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Becket:

And yes, you hit the nail on the head with Fiefdom's problems. Though, I may proudly say, the Wafflers (and two or three penguins) came in like gangbusters and made a good showing. But, we're now being beaten down by the uber-alliance, amid much self-congratulation and proclamations of how honorable they are, and dishonorable their opponents are. :rolleyes:

So that's it then?!?!? No more Fiefdom?!?!? I've spent the last two hours with tank and 86 helping Dixy reduce Angus' population to near zero. :(

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Fiefdom :confused:

Kitty

Turns out to El Skunkito, Where are you maggots hiding? Hasn't anyone told you that Christmas is over for another year? :D:D

Quit your bitching. :mad:

I just barely survived a rather severe icestorm that took down 35% of the trees, and 100% of the power in the neighborhood. Everything was caked in ice as thick as your skull. I'll get you your turn wqhen I damn wel feel like it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I like Fiefdom, but I don't think the system should be so open-ended. It seems to me that once a fief reaches a certain population there need to be negative consequences from increasing population pressure. As it stands now a few experienced early-joiner players can form an alliance and keep everyone else from ever having any chance to catch them in the rankings.

Once again, Dave's is a voice of reason in a swirling maelstrom of madness :mad: :mad:

Fiefdom provided a very interesting diversion for a day or two, but I'm now sated and think I'll wait for Beta 6.0 to appear before dedicating more of my company's time to it.

Teddy

Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

I like Fiefdom, but I don't think the system should be so open-ended. It seems to me that once a fief reaches a certain population there need to be negative consequences from increasing population pressure. As it stands now a few experienced early-joiner players can form an alliance and keep everyone else from ever having any chance to catch them in the rankings.

Once again, Dave's is a voice of reason in a swirling maelstrom of madness :mad: :mad:

Fiefdom provided a very interesting diversion for a day or two, but I'm now sated and think I'll wait for Beta 6.0 to appear before dedicating more of my company's time to it.

Teddy </font>

I like Smope. He is always so angry. Somebody make him an angry scenario. :mad: [/QB]

More angry than Inferno?? :mad: :mad: :mad:

I ought to get round to doing another Cheery Waffles scenario, too. :mad: At the moment I have three scenarios and a campaign in the pipeline, oh, and I've just got Civ 3 - Conquests so my havingfunlife is right out the window.

The sacrifices I make for you turdburglers. :mad:

Axe2121111111onethousandandone111 wrote:

To top it off, I had to shovel 30 centimetres of snow from not only my driveway but my parents' since they are in Mexico right now. The forecast for tonight? —36C with the windchill.
Must remind you of that scenario we just completed eh Axe? A romp in the desert is going to be bliss after completely Chilly in Cheltenham... smile.gif

Oh yeah, Hi you lot... Here's some :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: in case you missed me...