Horses please!

"The beauty of my situation is this: I am at work, yet magically, I am able to sit on the internet all day! Hurrah!

I have hours on end to ponder my moves, and plan your next humiliation in exact detail!"--Lord Harmes

Hey, quit horsing around and send me MY next turn also! Lol!

"I'm too busy crawling around looking for game manuals to copy for you!!!!!! Cheeky sod!"--Lord Harmes.

Oh, okay! Sorry to be such an ingrate. "Whimper whimper". :(

Regarding horses, I agree that these are a must for the next engine. This has been discussed many, many times before--along with the need for motorcycles. I have often wondered if the inability to insert both horses and motorcycles prevented BFC from designing a Blitzkrieg CM. It would be difficult to recreate the invasion of Poland in '39 and the sweep throw the Low Countries and France without either.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen any screenshots of horses or motorcycles in the pending new PC game Wartime Command. Hmmm, if they don't include either how good will THAT game be? They have the French and Polish forces in that game.

Must be a bitch to code for the engine.

About being Cheeky, let me quote Mae West: "Nothing succeeds like excess!" tongue.gif

The 'Hi mom' is an attempt to get a post into a thread going nowhere and likely to be soon locked down before that happens. Anyone who has been around here for a while has seen more horse and civilian threads than you can imagine. This one seems to have degenerated faster than usual, likely because a number of people (MikeyD and junk2 drive) have the same idea I did and are subtly encouraging the silliness. The designers have said a number of times that horses and civilians are really tough to code and add very little to the combat simulation.

What's so silly about my dead cow idea? Read your Normandy battle stories and for every mention of a horse you'll find a dozen mentions of dead cows! The smell had such a negative affect on moral that armored recover teams would brave fire to haul them away.

Now dead cows in Battle-for-Berlin scenarios would be silly!

[ July 08, 2004, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

What's so silly about my dead cow idea? Read your Normandy battle stories and for ever mention of a horse you'll find a dozen mentions of dead cows! The smell had such a negative affect on moral that armored recover teams would brave fire to haul them away.

Now dead cows in Battle-for-Berlin scenarios would be silly!

Obviously you have never seen some of the more larger female Berliners.

Originally posted by Slappy:

The 'Hi mom' is an attempt to get a post into a thread going nowhere and likely to be soon locked down before that happens. Anyone who has been around here for a while has seen more horse and civilian threads than you can imagine. This one seems to have degenerated faster than usual, likely because a number of people (MikeyD and junk2 drive) have the same idea I did and are subtly encouraging the silliness. The designers have said a number of times that horses and civilians are really tough to code and add very little to the combat simulation.

I think it started fairly silly.... I didn't mis-spell bullocks! :D