**MikeyD does ALL the CMAK M5 HTs!**

MikeyD

Not the same old HT

- British M5/M5A1 double half-track pack, Italian teater

- British M5 half-track, North Africa theater

At our favorite site, this time listed under 'TRUCK'

www.cmmods.com

All the M5s in CMAK - the N.A. Brit M5, and the ETO Brit M5 & M5A1. The International Harvester M5 HT is a VERY different beast from the M3 HT. Download these mods simply to see how I coped with the rounded-corner rear!

Oh, and don't expect a quick turnaround on the M16 AA HT or CMBB Lend-Lease HT mods. Completely different polygons on these puppies. A real headache. Grrr....

Here's the screenshots:

M5HT_NA.jpg

M5_M5A1.jpg

I love some of the non sequitor British vehicle names. I recall one ETO Churchill that went by the name 'Ibn Saud'! Singapore was a major British colony/protectorate that had recently (at the time) fallen to the Japanese. I can well imagine someone commemorating the place with a vehicle name. Like a Yankee might name his favorite SP artillery 'Honolulu', or something like that.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I love some of the non sequitor British vehicle names. I recall one ETO Churchill that went by the name 'Ibn Saud'! Singapore was a major British colony/protectorate that had recently (at the time) fallen to the Japanese. I can well imagine someone commemorating the place with a vehicle name. Like a Yankee might name his favorite SP artillery 'Honolulu', or something like that.

This brings up something I've been wondering about for awhile now: Where do the nick-names on all yr Allied vehicles come from? Do you make them up, or have you seen them on actual vehicles somewhere?

Where do he names come from? Oh God, who knows?!

The bulk of them I just went for the 'flavor' of the times, using place names, girlfriend names, song titles. Some names like "Army Mule" and "Ibn Saud", etc. are from real vehicles - though not necessarily off the vehicle I used it on. A couple are actual historical names for the specific vehicles - though I couldn't tell you now which they were. The name 'BAYSWATER" above is actually off a Universal Carrier photo.

I saved my all-time favorite name for my all-time favorite vehicle. A Brit VC Firefly got the name 'Bangalore". I can't tell you why I'm so tickled by that name. :D

Want to hear something funny?

I think that .50 cal turret might just be based on M16/M17 scale plans I myself had drawn-up some 6-7 years ago! Small world (if its true). Can't take credit for the nudie, though.

Started work on the M16 HT already - got discouraged - stopped. Expect to screw-up my courage and start again soon.

That is the nicest M15 shot I've seen! I've been seeing more and more camou'd AA HT photos. I guess an AA vehicle only does its job when a plane is stupid enough to fly within range so camou has some utility.

I've screwed-up my courage and I'm finally tackling the funky M15 and M16 polygons over the weekend. let's see how long this takes.