Value of replaying scenarios

Pishky

A quick question for the gurus.

On average how many times do you replay a scenario?

I find myself replaying some of my favourites up to a dozen times, try new variations etc. But I wonder whether this is a good way to learn since I know roughly what the oppositon is.

Looking forward to your thoughts

Peter

Originally posted by Pishky:

A quick question for the gurus.

On average how many times do you replay a scenario?

I find myself replaying some of my favourites up to a dozen times, try new variations etc. But I wonder whether this is a good way to learn since I know roughly what the oppositon is.

Looking forward to your thoughts

Peter

It's probably not a great way to learn but it is a great way to have fun. :D It's like visiting an old friend.

Good Hunting.

If you have played against the AI a decent amount, start playing real live human opponents in pbem games.

After a dozen or so games against the AI opponent, playing against humans will become a true revelation of enjoyment and a lot more fun. Against a human, you will learn things in CM that you never thought possible. :eek:

In my opinion, CM is best played against a human via pbem.

Cheers, Richard smile.gif

It all depends on the scenario, of course.

Just yesterday I fired up the CMAK version of the classic old CMBO demo scenario "Chance Encounter". That makes roughly the billionth time I've re-replayed those CMBO demos reworked for all three versions of the game.

One reason to replay a scenario is to test different tactics. What'll happen if this time I lay smoke on the target first? What'll happen if this time I push my tanks up that ravine on the left flank? Plus, the first time around you might've accidentallly played the 'wrong' side. Some scenarios can be deadly dull played as Germans but they're a hoot when played as Brits.

Originally posted by PiggDogg:

If you have played against the AI a decent amount, start playing real live human opponents in pbem games.

After a dozen or so games against the AI opponent, playing against humans will become a true revelation of enjoyment and a lot more fun. Against a human, you will learn things in CM that you never thought possible. :eek:

In my opinion, CM is best played against a human via pbem.

Cheers, Richard smile.gif

Yeah, I plan to do a short game against PiggDogg as soon as possible.