omaha beach

Currently there is a 3-month backlog on all map request, and its looking like August before we can get around to Normandy again. However, for a small fee we can expedite your order. $15.00 can get you a 2km x 2km Omaha map, complete with landmarks, detailed OOB and briefings. If you order before Monday I can have it to you by the end of the month.

In mint condition, one lady driver, low milage, with fluffy dice, is a HUUUGGE Operation produced by Industrializer from 2004.

Yours for a bargain $9.99

here are some brochure shots:

CMAK-Omaha1.jpg

CMAK-Omaha2.jpg

CMAK-Omaha3.jpg

CMAK-Omaha4.jpg

CMAK-Omaha5.jpg

CMAK-Omaha6.jpg

CMAK-Omaha7.jpg

Needs Quad dual-core 5.5Ghz processors and 8Gb a RAM minimum to churn a turn. (Apple MacIntel Desktop 'puter expected circa 2007 to meet minimum spec)

Omaha Beach V1.1

Changes:

V1.1

- most german squads set to veteran (reason: the 352d infantry division defending Omaha was a veteran division from the Ostfront and was deployed just recently to this sector)

- german pillboxes changed from crack to veteran (reason: they were to strong as crack)

- all allied squads are now loaded with the max. possible amount of ammo

- all allied officiers have now at least a +1 moral to help the allies to get across the beach

- the initial allied wave now lands far further up the beach than in V1.0, it's now closer to the historical debark line

- the bluff west of Les Moulin is now on fire, just as it was historical. The fire was probably started by allied rockets and helped because it blocked the view of the defenders. (why is there no 'burning brush' tile in the editor? Now I had to use grain to start the fire grrrr)

- some minor map changes (demolished two buildings and rearranged some barbwire).

- All german units should now be either in a foxhole or in a trench

- removed the german tanks and replaced them with AT-guns. Historically the germans had some bunkers with tank turrets but even dug in tanks with sand bags around them are far to easy to destroy in CM, the AT guns will last a little longer (I hope).

- german MGs got a little bit more of starting ammo

- ammunition resupply is now set to: axis: adequate, allies: sparse

- new house rule: the german Nebelwerfer is only allowed to fire two salvos during the entire game (thats two times 36 rockets) There was a german Nebelwerfer battery in range of Omaha beach but I have no data whether they firead at all or if they fired, how much ammunition was available. So, until I get any new intel I will limit their usage. The 105mm is still free to fire whenever munition is available.

- new house rule: all allied reinforcements have to enter before the hedgehogs. reason: the task of the first assault wave was to blow a breach through the obstacles but the german fire made this almost impossible, and were they succeeded they were often unable to mark the breach, making it useless once the tide raised.

[ April 15, 2006, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Wicky,

If you watch the Secrets of D-Day program (and several others on the History Channel), you'll find out from their interviews that the same guys who destroyed the displaced Pointe du Hoc guns in an orchard further inland also destroyed a Nebelwerfer battery. ISTR some pointed comments on the damage those rockets could've done to the troops landing at Omaha. I do not know whether said battery fired before the Rangers in question got there.

Regards,

John Kettler

I thought the cliffs at Dover were white.....

kd123, read the manual, pages 134 to 155 should get you started. Have a look in the 'Scenario' folder of your CMAK installation as well. This should give you a good idea of how it all works!

Wicky, could I have a 'Walcheren'? You needn't bother with the fluffy dice though, they wouldn't last long on my Yamaha FJR....

wun

Originally posted by wunwinglow:

kd123, read the manual, pages 134 to 155 should get you started. Have a look in the 'Scenario' folder of your CMAK installation as well. This should give you a good idea of how it all works!

Wicky, could I have a 'Walcheren'? You needn't bother with the fluffy dice though, they wouldn't last long on my Yamaha FJR....

wun

I'm just a shady 2nd hand dealer ;)

'Walcheren' wasn't that the place in the Netherlands that the Canadians had some tough battles clearing before Antwerp could be opened? Amphibious Buffaloes, Weasels, Funnies and LCTs come to mind

Just roll up the front 'leccy window tongue.gif Did you finish the impressive scratch built model landing craft?

[ April 16, 2006, 05:34 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Wicky, yep, that's the operation! According to the 79th Armd Div History, 2 M4s operating near Veere had fired 1400 rds of 75mm and 30 boxes of Browning ammo between them, and a couple of AVREs had gone through 34 boxes of Besa ammo. It was a brutal operation. Pity CMAK doesn't have Crabs, SBG AVREs, Buffalos, LCTs etc. LCT? It isn't finished, but I have done a bit more work to it. Trouble is, I get distracted too easily; just now, by CMAK! Thanks for your kind comment!

Wun

Originally posted by kd123:

So are you saying that you cant download maps anymore you have to buy them?

They are just fooling with you. Download scenarios into your Scenarios folder

C:\Program Files\Combat Mission 3 Afrika Korps\Run\Scenarios

for me. They are free, there are several sites that hold them, this one is on "The Proving Grounds", here's the link

Omaha.

You'll need to register but it's free and they don't use your details etc.

The reason they were pulling your leg is that all this info can be found by reading the manual or searching this site.

RTFM :D

Originally posted by Wicky:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wunwinglow:

wun

I'm just a shady 2nd hand dealer ;)

'Walcheren' wasn't that the place in the Netherlands that the Canadians had some tough battles clearing before Antwerp could be opened? Amphibious Buffaloes, Weasels, Funnies and LCTs come to mind

Just roll up the front 'leccy window tongue.gif Did you finish the impressive scratch built model landing craft? </font>