Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

We Don't Need No Stinking Messiah's In the Peng Challenge Thread

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

But where's the boiled peanuts?

At the fair grounds along with the pork rinds and cotton candy.

*grumble* </font>

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Stuka:

So just what did happen to the Justicar[?

I've been away remember?

Have you've been away? Didn't notice. Oh, except for the crappy use of UBB now you're back.

Why don't you just go....again. Win win.

Noba.

We don't need no stinking Nobaaahs in the Peng Challenge Thread. If you insist on abusing those sheep, at least allow them the decency of expressing their mental and physical torment with a few *baaahs*. Allowing them none at all is just cruel. After all, they were born to *baaah* just as Australians were born to burp and pick their noses - and you never, ever see a sheep denying the Aussies their Gawd given right to do what they do best.

So just what did happen to the Justicar?

Old Foul Joe is away selling siding to immigrant farmers or somesuch. Lady Moraine was appointed as stand-in, because Boo couldn't stop fondling his bullet (just where is Bauhaus, and is he sitting?). Meanwhile, she and Lady YK2 have staged a coup. Wine was involved, naturally.

I fully welcome our new overlords.

I've been away remember?

Shot down over the eastern front again? You really need to be more careful. The spring offensive (not that we're any less offensive than usual) is about to begin, and we need tactical air support.

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

But where's the boiled peanuts?

At the fair grounds along with the pork rinds and cotton candy.

*grumble* </font>

Its a long walk back from the Urals you know!

It probably would have been shorter had you gone west, instead of straight south. I know The Med is nice this time of year, but you really shouldn't be taking detours.

Originally posted by v42below:

Verbal Flatulence....

Dear RegularAnalGuy.

As you hail from the land that time, and the rest of the world forgot, you would need to understand that the Yanks have satelites that can see your perversions in your fields....the saying that sheep in New Zeeelund are nervous, always, is a given.

The fact that you wish to deflect - poorly, I might add, another failed attempt to make the rain make up for your pathetic cricket teams lack of "ticker", and the consequences of another series sweep by the Almighty Australian Cricket Team - World Champions - (and not like those crazy Yanks who think just because they play a sport alone, they can call it a World Series)....

Where was I ?

Doesn't matter. You are but a pale immitation of your Greater Cousins across the Tasman. We look in your direction, see clouds and pity you. Perhaps you should emigrate - but not here, please. There are enough of you here, go somewhere else...Easter Island (pity them if you do) would be a good start. We could fence you off in there and you would fit straight in.

Now when you wake up and read this, your life will still be one dimensional and miserable. Get used to it. You'll never amount to anything important.

Noba.

I am a Damnyankee from Ohio...

I was always under the assumption it was "Oh-Heee-Oh", like the marching monkeys in Wizzard of Oz.

At least that's how I always picture you.

Originally posted by rleete:

I am a Damnyankee from Ohio...

I was always under the assumption it was "Oh-Heee-Oh", like the marching monkeys in Wizzard of Oz.

At least that's how I always picture you. </font>

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

I could really go for some smoked gruyere right about now.

For a moment, that looked to me like "smoked gyrene" and I was worried about you.

But if you're going to have such a fine cheese, you need smoked salmon to go with it, dontchaknow.</font>

Are all people from Rochester as blindingly beautiful as you? Is it something in the water or the fact that the gently rolling hills seduce visitors, so the level of intelligence is only bested by certain deep thinking scientists and philosophers and even then, only marginally? Or is this star-like perfection yours and yours alone?

Why, thank you Boo. You're such a nice guy.

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

I have not chanced to have smoked gruyere since.

Michael

Note to self: Self, buy a whole bunch of smoked Gruyere when you go to the store after work. Take it home and eat some while facing north west and thinking to yourself that here's yet another reason it sucks to be Emrys. Do this every night from now on.

Originally posted by rleete:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

The women here are more beastly, but more willing, and that counts for much.

Gotta take what you can get, right? Beggars can't be chosers, and all that. </font>

Sorry about mangling the state's name. I'm not totally familiar with the pronounciation of idiomatic Southern-ese, being as I am a Damnyankee from Ohio, which, by the way, should be pronounced Uh-HI-uh, not Oh-Hi-oh, and the second and third syllable should sort of slide together. Really, in order to get the sound just right, the person speaking it should have a stalk of grass between their front teeth, thumbs hooked through the suspenders on their bib overhauls and be standing at least knee deep in cow sh*t.

But only if you're a perfectionist.

Amusingly enough, back in October during a Halloween party my mother and I had, one of her neighbors told us that very same thing... the pronunciation of the state name, at least... she didn't mention the overhauls and sh*t... leave it up to *you* for that visual.

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

I could really go for some smoked gruyere right about now.

For a moment, that looked to me like "smoked gyrene" and I was worried about you.

But if you're going to have such a fine cheese, you need smoked salmon to go with it, dontchaknow.</font>

Lady Moraine

May I suggest you contact your fellow member of House Rune, none other then No Good Cavscout and ask about cheese. He, habitating in the land of Cheese, being a true cheesehead will know of Cheese Shops. Perhaps a *boot* from his Lord may give him incentive to send you some smoked cheese. however, if he does so, I FULLY expect a taunt, along with a little heel digging into the back of both Boo and Emrys.

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

Lady Moraine

May I suggest you contact your fellow member of House Rune, none other then No Good Cavscout and ask about cheese. He, habitating in the land of Cheese, being a true cheesehead will know of Cheese Shops. Perhaps a *boot* from his Lord may give him incentive to send you some smoked cheese. however, if he does so, I FULLY expect a taunt, along with a little heel digging into the back of both Boo and Emrys.

Rune

Well...if it will get me my "cheese fix", consider it done.

However, please note that it *still* won't be the same as the French cheeses. Theirs are not required to be pasteurized whereas all of ours *are*... But anything he can get is certain to be of superior quality to what I get here locally.

Originally posted by rune:

Lady Moraine

May I suggest you contact your fellow member of House Rune, none other then No Good Cavscout and ask about cheese. He, habitating in the land of Cheese, being a true cheesehead will know of Cheese Shops. Perhaps a *boot* from his Lord may give him incentive to send you some smoked cheese.

Since I have been without the longest, it's only right that he send me some as well. Cheese, I mean.

Michael