For rleete - a CMX2 thread

Well, since Kip Anderson is allowed to spam the board with his wants, here is yet another CMX2 thread with a lame list of wants.

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=003874

I'd like to see CMX2 be really fun, with units of some kind, a 3-dimensional map with terrain and objectives.

I hope the interface is intuitive and user friendly.

I hope the units are realistically depicted and appropriate for whatever time frame is chosen.

I can't wait, if you do all that it will be the best game....EVER

I think the units involved should suffer some sort of realistic casualty assessment, and the terrain should model real life effects like cover, concealment, and impediments to mobility.

I just know that BFC will do all this, and more!

OH BOY AM I EXCITED.

Please, please, please don't disappoint us BFdotC because I may hesitate exactly 10 minutes before shooting you my credit card info anyway and buying your next product sight unseen!

(better? Feel free to jump up and down excitedly at the prospect of BFdotC yawn delivering all this....)

"I'd like to see CMX2 be really fun"

Dang! A request for CMx2 that's been overlooked by the Grognards!

From your other requests it sounds like what you want is CMx1 over again. Y'know I agree. Anything above the present CM games will be icing on an already tasty cake, and my worst fear is the (highly unlikely) prospect that their push to be cutting-edge will spoil the recipe.

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Quick, someone say something political so this thread will get locked. I've been waiting for someone to say something interesting or amusing, and it just doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Michael

Say something political? No chance; I don't feel like getting banned. :eek: :eek:

I did want to ask a couple of questions about your sig.

After some research into the matter at hand, I discovered Mr. Emrys is absolutely correct.

—Bergerbitz

Do you even remember what this was all about, and how long ago it happened? :confused:

Strategy is buying a rubber before going out on a date.

I think in this example you have confused strategy with logistics. Would you agree? :D

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rleete:

You really are a sad little man.

HeeeeeHaaawwwww!!!!!!!!!!!

May I have your permission to put it in my sig? </font>

Originally posted by Dave H:

I did want to ask a couple of questions about your sig.

Might as well. This thread is going nowhere fast.

After some research into the matter at hand, I discovered Mr. Emrys is absolutely correct.

—Bergerbitz

Do you even remember what this was all about, and how long ago it happened? :confused:

Yeah, approximately. It was about some point of grammar that I was right (as usual) about. Happened a couple of years ago or so. I guess you could search all of Bergerbitz' posts and find the thread.

I think in this example you have confused strategy with logistics. Would you agree? :D

No. I think the entire quote, the second half of which you omitted, provides the best example of what we mean by the difference is between strategy and tactics I've ever seen. I am very proud to have been the originator of it.

BTW, logistics is an integral part of strategy, which may explain your confusion. Or it might just be all the glue you sniffed in junior high.

Michael

Originally posted by rleete:

Seems like just a short time ago 5600+ member numbers were the F.N.G.s, and not worthy of mention. *sniff*

You're still not worthy of a mention. Notice I didn't actually mention you by name? That's how totally insignificant you are, not only within the grand scheme of things, but even in that tiny corner of upstate NY that you regularly pollute with your demi-presence.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

No. I think the entire quote, the second half of which you omitted, provides the best example of what we mean by the difference is between strategy and tactics I've ever seen. I am very proud to have been the originator of it.

BTW, logistics is an integral part of strategy, which may explain your confusion. Or it might just be all the glue you sniffed in junior high.

Michael</font>