ARNEM-Market Garden ETO?

para

Originally posted by Sergei:

No, but I have made a Market Garden operation for PTO.

:Dredface.gif

By a glance, it looks like HSG Arnhem Mayhem v2 and Of memories and medals... in the Depot are related to Market Garden. Then there's couple more at The Proving Grounds.

whats PTO?

Speak of the devil. I've been doing a BO2AK conversion of "Frost Holds on at Arnhem," an old scenario I had alot of fun playing back in the old days. The conversion was looking good, too, until I ran into a problem with British Paras. They're not available in CMAK. I had to sub in regular infantry for the Brits.

Originally posted by birdstrike:

Don't forget to get rid of any AT rifles, though, and exchange them with PIATs.

On top of it. I'm replicated the CMBO original as closely as possible so Boys AT rifles out, PIATs in. One neat thing is that the CMBO original was forced to use Hetzers to represent Mk IIIs. My CMAK version will get to use actual Mk IIIs.

ALsatian, What I have read about Market garden.

Armored vehicles present at Arnhem.

Stug's(280 th brigade)IIIF8,IIIG & IV.

There are 15 Tiger II sPz.Abt 506 (not present in CMAK) 5 have been destroyed by british PIAT.

20 Panthers,from 1st Abteilung, 24 Pz.Div.

and a lot of armored vehicles.

Pat

[ November 21, 2006, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: patboy ]

Originally posted by Alsatian:

On top of it. I'm replicated the CMBO original as closely as possible so Boys AT rifles out, PIATs in. One neat thing is that the CMBO original was forced to use Hetzers to represent Mk IIIs. My CMAK version will get to use actual Mk IIIs.

Sounds good. But it's a real pity, they dont' have the Gammon bombs in CMAK any more.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by birdstrike:

Don't forget to get rid of any AT rifles, though, and exchange them with PIATs.

On top of it. I'm replicated the CMBO original as closely as possible so Boys AT rifles out, PIATs in. One neat thing is that the CMBO original was forced to use Hetzers to represent Mk IIIs. My CMAK version will get to use actual Mk IIIs. </font>

IMO, other British forces TOE are better to simulate paras.

Whereas the offical weapon assignment was the same as the normal infantry (8 rifles, 1 sten and 1 bren for a squad), an airborne/para battalion have a pool of 400 stens available for mostly each soldier.

Given the nature of their operations, we can suppose they prefer sten over the rifle.

An 1945 mechanised battalion (without the vehicles, of course), is IMO the closest paras. TOE we can have.

I don't know if they an carry demolition charge, as they could replace the gammon bombs.

I didn't know there were TigerII in Arnhem. ;)

Speaking of Market Garden, did any of you happen to catch the History Channel's Lost Evidence episode on Market Garden? I was in a hobby shop earlier today, and the owner happened to mention he'd seen the show. Talk about good news and bad news at the same time! Sure hope I catch a rebroadcast, considering how good every other episode I've seen in the series so far has been.

Regards,

John Kettler

Alsatian,

I believe that if you go back to the original text as first written, it first actually said the even more controversial "political-military-industrial complex." That, though, was apparently deemed a bit too revelatory and incendiary.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ December 13, 2006, 04:25 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Oops. Bought my first new computer in 6 years and getting it all set up and old files on new computer has taken way too long. Arnhem will get finished once the new computer is all set up.

are you any closer to finishing it? sorry to be a pain ;)