New Mod US M24 Chaffee FIXED cabe

I noticed a lack of a CMAK Chaffee Mod

SO I took this out of the CM dtabase and renumbered it for CMAK

Original author is cm1947

Use/alter as you wish

numbered for Italy use

see camo chaffee image several posts down for updated image of this mod

[ March 28, 2007, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: Cabe ]

The runing gear on the Cmak Chaffee was pretty fuzzy - There is a mod on CMMODS of mine that uses the hi-er-res Hellcat wheels n' stuff.

Plus dusty Hellcat with stowage

CMBO mods were low res to cope with the lowly graphics cards of their day.

Got it round the wrong way, I added the improved from CMBO, CMAK chaffee running gear to the cruddy CMAK hellcat graphic.

HELLCAT3.GIF

Not sure why you'd want to bother introducing lower-res CMBO graphics to CMAK as its better to convert CMAK mods to CMBO

I should probably delete the second mod, it is not very good to look at in game. The first seems to work ok, sans the chassis. I Will grab the cmak chassis and see if I can snaz it up. Unless there is a compatable chassis out there..

I don't know what mod use or share some bmps, the chafee is one of them. I do know which have the exact same bmps.

"The Chaffee, the Hellcat... ...could really use the MikeyD treatment."

Poor Mikey indeed! I've had a Chaffee mod folder sitting on my desktop for months. I occassionally open the folder, click through the BMPs while shaking my head, close the folder, then move on to other projects.

I salute you Cabe for having the 'stones' to tackle the darned thing! :D

Why thank you Mr. D. I wanted to do another mod of a chaffee, which I will do next. It has a wild flame and fang paint scheme on the front. Pretty out there, but for those that like it.... it will be a fun mod. I just have so much RL artwork to do right now and with taxes coming up and uh..... paying for all my girlfriend's debt and bills half the time. I know , too much info. Anyhoo.....

well gotta give credit where it is due.

This is a converted CMBO mod for a CMMOS file.

I labeled it as not mine at first, but then after having to spend 7 plus hours fixing the damn thing and repainting, re-marking ect. I decided it became my version.

What scares you off from the hellcat?

What we need is some dang churchills..........

I think that is my next project and I ain't looking forward to it. Not enough fun in the camo schemes, but at least it "should" be quick.

well I gotta go paint Jerry Lee Lewis, I hear he only signs pianos so I don't know what they gonna do with it when he gets there.

"This ain't a piano!"

"sigh"

"PIANOS DAMMIT! PIANOS! READ MY CONTRACT RIDER!!!! PIIIIIAANNNNNOS!"

[ March 28, 2007, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Cabe ]