CM : Before Overlord

chashm

I am adding this post here because this is where everyone seems to be now

Are there plans to include early WW2 Europe in the next incarnation of CM. I am referring to The blitz period of the war, you know France 1940, Norway, Poland etc?

I loved CM:BO, but wished that early years had been covered as well.

There was supposed to be an early war edition of CM, but it seems that has been set aside for now. I suppose the first thing they will do with the new engine, CMX2 is sort of a remake of CMBO, but they could include the early years as well. It could also be the second installment under the new engine.

Agreed,

I was playing WW2 Online for a while. It is set during the fall of France. It was a hoot to play. nothing like being out in a pzII and seeing a 'tildy come rumbling around a corner. Let me tell you, my pzII did NOT have enough reverse gears ;)

It was a time when tactics were king

Originally posted by chashm:

I am adding this post here because this is where everyone seems to be now

Are there plans to include early WW2 Europe in the next incarnation of CM. I am referring to The blitz period of the war, you know France 1940, Norway, Poland etc?

I loved CM:BO, but wished that early years had been covered as well.

The CMX2 engine is suppose to begin at the Spanish Civil War period and into WW2 on the Western Front perspective, so the time period u refer to should be covered in the next engine.

Originally posted by chashm:

Agreed,

I was playing WW2 Online for a while. It is set during the fall of France. It was a hoot to play. nothing like being out in a pzII and seeing a 'tildy come rumbling around a corner. Let me tell you, my pzII did NOT have enough reverse gears ;)

It was a time when tactics were king

What do you mean it was? It still is. The game is still just fine and gets better all the time. 1.10 is coming soon with Light Machine Guns, Cargo ships, the M43A Stuart, the sdkfz 251 halftrack, dust clouds for moving vehicles, a new damage model to make planes react better to damage, etc...