What about the Ardennes?

Why has there has been hardly a trickle of good bulge scenarios made for CMAK? A new "monster" battle for clervaux was released by stoffel, (too big for my tastes) The Noville remake (good, good...) and a fictional battle featuring elements of the 1SS (huh?) vs the 2nd Inf. (huh?) at St. Vith by CSDT.

Butgenbach, Rocherath/Krinkelt, Bastogne, Losheim Gap... who needs King Tigers anyways?

Let's get on with it people!

and a fictional battle featuring elements of the 1SS (huh?) vs the 2nd Inf. (huh?) at St. Vith by CSDT.
Hey its fictonal... use your imagination. :D Yeah I guess I should um change it so the correct units are involved... in V2, which has far better force balance too. King Tiger, what's a King Tiger? tongue.gif

I happen to know that another fellow scenario designer is working on another Ardenns scenario so if you looking for another one its on the way. ;)

Hello Stoffel

One reason their may be some slowness in production is the looming obsolescent of CMAK - 2 years may be a long time but when the new engine comes in I believe the playing of the first three games will drop off.

A LOT of scenarios will become worthless except as mines for information.

How is Waalhaven doing?

stoffel,

your Clervaux battle is definitely a beauty, but I had reservations, particularly about ammo after 120 turns, and the fact that my computer choked on the map size. I probably should have commented while it was at the Proving Grounds. I should drop Chris a line to see how it played out.

I myself was doing the research for the same battle for CMAK (as an operation) based on Dean Essig's "Bloody 110" game, which seems to have alot of reliable information on that battle. Happily your OOB does seem pretty accurate when I looked at it. Keep 'em coming.

HSG has a Battle of the Bulge pack in the works, but you may not see many of them get to posting on the SD, before the middle of June, or so.

Takes time for research and playtesting, not to mention we just finished the Battle for France pack, which was 15 battles and 3 operations worth.

Plus we need to tie up some loose ends. I need to finish the Campaign Tracker before I get all involved in another pack.

Panther Commander

Originally posted by David I:

Panther Commander,

What's "HSG"? That France pack sounds very interesting!

DavidI

HSG is a scenario design group. Roughly a dozen people have gotten together with the intent purpose of researching, playtesting and posting historical/semi-historical scenarios. Our view point is that there are enough interesting historical engagements out there to do that we will never need to do any fictional ones.

Just our point of view. Nothing wrong with fictional scenarios, it just isn't what we do.

You can go to the Scenario Depot and find a lot of HSG work. Go to the CMAK index, either the battle or operations sections, and then slelect H section. There are 15 battles dealing with Normandy and three operations. We also have scenarios ranging from North Africa to the final days of the war in Europe.

At the present we are working on a Battle of the Bulge pack. We have started playtesting on some of the scenarios at The Proving Grounds already.

http://the-proving-grounds.com/index.html

So now you have no reason not to slugging it out in the Med and North Western Europe.

Good Hunting.

Panther Commander

I have a CMAK recreation of Wild Bill's 'We can't wait' which depicts the battle for Assenois just prior to Patton's relief of Bastogne. That one is destined to be released as part of the ROW I battle pack.

There is also another Wild Bill recreation, 'Wiltz' availible at B & T.