Was this a sad thing to do?

I live in the UK and ordered the US copy of CM:AK over the net' - didn't want any of that censored rubbish.

When I got it, was a little disappointed that it didn't come in a box. It actually arrived with the quickie manual in a brown envelope.

I went out this lunchtime and spent twenty quid on the UK/European version (CDV) just for the box.

I'm happy now.

Was this a terribly sad thing to do?

All I can say is... wow.

Advertisers do say packaging makes all the difference, but it usually doesn't make THAT much of a difference! You are a product designer's dream come true, boy! :D

You can always wait and give the second copy of the game out as a birthday present... but would they appreciate the gift without the fancy packaging?

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister:

I live in the UK and ordered the US copy of CM:AK over the net' - didn't want any of that censored rubbish.

When I got it, was a little disappointed that it didn't come in a box. It actually arrived with the quickie manual in a brown envelope.

I went out this lunchtime and spent twenty quid on the UK/European version (CDV) just for the box.

I'm happy now.

You could have got a pack of the DVD boxes for £4.99.

It's the DVD style boxes that I really like and that was why I bought the second copy. They look so nice on my games shelf - I used to get really annoyed about overpackaging of PC games years ago, now they are all uniform. I feel that it fits in with the natural order of things.

I could have simply used an empty DVD box that contained a cover disc from a magazine, but that would have meant printing a decent cover for it.

I actually toyed with the idea (for about ten seconds) of posting a request on here for a scan of the box - but decided against that as I knew I would get short-shrift!!

I'm just a sucker for packaging and marketing I guess. I'll never learn. But I've got my nice box to go with the other versions of CM and now I'm happy.

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister:

I'm happy now.

I can beat that..

I spent almost 40 quid.. and bought CMBB just so as I could have a copy.

Haven't played a real game yet... But it looks nice on my shelf and the manual has some of my friends names in...which is really pretty cool..

And you think you're sad!!!