The Cheery Waffle thread: some assembly required, Master Goodale NOT included

It appears that Seanachai has returned from the dead to dump large steaming piles of obscure lyrics all over the <font size=1>penguin</font size=1> thread. Of course, his contribution improves the level of discussion in that rathole by about 500 percent, from sheer gibberish to simple incoherence. If you're reading this thread, Seanachai, welcome back - and please, please avoid the General Forum. It's officially a lost cause. Just write it off as a total loss. Nothing to see there. :D:D:D

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dave H:

It appears that Seanachai has returned from the dead to dump large steaming piles of obscure lyrics all over the <font size=1>penguin</font size=1> thread. Of course, his contribution improves the level of discussion in that rathole by about 500 percent, from sheer gibberish to simple incoherence. If you're reading this thread, Seanachai, welcome back - and please, please avoid the General Forum. It's officially a lost cause. Just write it off as a total loss. Nothing to see there. :D:D:D

I look upon you, my lad, as the last Hurrah of idiocy. As are we all. I shall not go back to the General Forum until I decide to heal the World. I may be now, it may be later, but it cannot be done in anger.

Obscure lyrics? Where the feck have you been burying your head, lo, these many days gone by? I've been quoting Leonard Cohen, here and there. Are you so lost to art and love that you know nought of this?

If so, I weep for you.

Mind, I weep for your miserable, sorry, useless fecking arse anyways, but I weep for it more if you haven't even the freaking sense that God gave to Goodale else.

I'm back, you paltry thing. Hate me, love me, ignore me, you are my little lambs. And I shall not leave you behind.

You are lost, all you Goodalers. Lost and alone. What am I, but a shepherd to all the most miserable of the lambs of God?

Geez, talk about delusions of grandeur.

To all PBEMaggots, I have a delay of game right now, as the computer I got to play games on is being used by my wifely unit to do our taxes on. I am not going to ask her to shove off right now because a) I do not want to sleep downstairs, B) sex every now and then is better than not at all, c) I don't want to do the taxes myself, and d) because it is a nice way to torment some of you. When she gets mad and leaves in a couple of hours should be good enough for most of you.

GGRRAAARRGGGHHH,

Angry out lout.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Obscure lyrics? Where the feck have you been burying your head, lo, these many days gone by? I've been quoting Leonard Cohen, here and there. Are you so lost to art and love that you know nought of this?

If so, I weep for you.

Yeah, I feel I should warn you all that Seanachai has "discovered" Leonard Cohen...decades after everybody else has, I might add and is now Mr. Cohen's biggest fanboy.

Expect the Bard to wax poetic all over the place for the foreseeable future whenever there's an opportunity.

I just dread the time when Seanachai decides to mail Mr. Cohen a pair of his grey, sodden jockeys.

You puss-sacks!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I've got enough going on in my life without having to bump the CWT!! :mad: :mad:

T-minus 30 hours and 24 minutes to strike deadline!! GARRAGRAG GRAGGRAGARG RAGRAGARGARG!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Yeah, I feel I should warn you all that Seanachai has "discovered" Leonard Cohen...decades after everybody else has, I might add and is now Mr. Cohen's biggest fanboy.

Expect the Bard to wax poetic all over the place for the foreseeable future whenever there's an opportunity.

I just dread the time when Seanachai decides to mail Mr. Cohen a pair of his grey, sodden jockeys.

Wait'll he hears about Bing Crosby.

:rolleyes:

Michael

Originally posted by Seanachai:

If so, I weep for you.

Oh, well then, yes, Leonard Cohen, of course. What was I thinking? Who could resist running around dropping big smelly gobs of poetic "Life stinks!" lyrics all over the forums? From a Canadian, no less! As though he has to worry about his country going crazy! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

By the way, I checked out a website talking up the big Leonard Cohen worldwide fan get together in June in New York City. They already have over 200 fans signed up. Surely you and your Mini-Me Boo will be there. I suppose New York City will never be the same after this massive invasion. tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Feh. I beat the gnome on his sabbatical (and our holiday) by several days.

Then lay your rose on the fire

The fire give up to the sun

The sun give over to splendour

In the arms of the High Holy One

For the Holy One dreams of a letter

Dreams of a letter's death

Oh bless the continuous stutter

Of the word being made into flesh

--The Window

Good, but when it comes to writing about the written word, not as good as Gabriel's Mercy Street:

"Mercy Street"

for anne sexton

looking down on empty streets, all she can see

are the dreams all made solid

are the dreams all made real

all of the buildings, all of those cars

were once just a dream

in somebody's head

she pictures the broken glass, she pictures the steam

she pictures a soul

with no leak at the seam

let's take the boat out

wait until darkness

let's take the boat out

wait until darkness comes

nowhere in the corridors of pale green and grey

nowhere in the suburbs

in the cold light of day

there in the midst of it so alive and alone

words support like bone

dreaming of mercy st.

wear your inside out

dreaming of mercy

in your daddy('s arms again

dreaming of mercy st.

'swear they moved that sign

dreaming of mercy

in your daddy's arms

pulling out the papers from the drawers that slide smooth

tugging at the darkness, word upon word

confessing all the secret things in the warm velvet box

to the priest-he's the doctor

he can handle the shocks

dreaming of the tenderness-the tremble in the hips

of kissing Mary's lips

dreaming of mercy st.

wear your insides out

dreaming of mercy

in your daddy's arms again

dreaming of mercy st.

'swear they moved that sign

looking for mercy

in your daddy's arms

mercy, mercy, looking for mercy

mercy, mercy, looking for mercy

Anne, with her father is out in the boat

riding the water

riding the waves on the sea

*shivers*

Originally posted by Snarker:

Anything but more poetry. :mad: :mad:

More poetry, you say, Snarker? Certainly, lad. Here's something from James Tate:

Jesus got up one day a little later than usual. He had been dreaming so deep there was nothing left in his head. What was it? A nightmare, dead bodies walking all around him, eyes rolled back, skin falling off. But he wasn't afraid of that. It was a beautiful day. How 'bout some coffee? Don't mind if I do. Take a little ride on my donkey, I love that donkey. Hell, I love everybody.

Goodtime Jesus

-James Tate

MUWAHAHAHAHAAH! MY PAPER ON THE FAILURE OF THE VVS TO FULFILL ITS DESIGNATED DOCTRINAL ROLE (ADVANCED THOUGH IT WAS)IN 1941 IS COMPLETE!

GARARAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

For those of you maggots who failed to understand what that has to do with you, its why you didn't get any turns recently and why I'm posting when I'm due to wake up in 4 hours.

Originally posted by Thermopylae:

MY PAPER ON THE FAILURE OF THE VVS TO FULFILL ITS DESIGNATED DOCTRINAL ROLE (ADVANCED THOUGH IT WAS)IN 1941 IS COMPLETE!

Did it really take you all that time to write, in crayon no less, 'THEY DIDINT HAF ANY PLANES'?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mace