drumroll, fanfare... ** McMMM V4 released ** (beta)

(Excuse the self-indulgent fanfare. If I didn't do it, I don't know who was going to smile.gif !)

I have just uploaded McMMM V4.20 beta to CMMods.

New features:

</font>

• ** Mod Sets **: The ability to quickly define a group of mods that should be installed or uninstalled together

</font></font>
    • </font>
  • Mod Junkies: now you can easily swap from your "Normandy" set to your "Vietnam" set.</font>
  • Scenario Designers: now you can easily tell players what Mods go really well with your scenario</font>
  • (extra drumroll) Automatic download of mods you don't have.

Yes - if the scenario designer has been kind enough to record the URL of the Mods in his Mod set, then McMMM will (if you want it to to) automatically download the Mods you don't have. No more searching through CMMODs with your browser!</font>

[*]Revamped documentation, including screenshots </font>

This release is "beta". This means that it's been tested by myself and some other kind folk, and we think it works. But it hasn't yet been widely used, so I can't be sure that it's completely free of quirks.

I will make another announcement when I know it's stable.

Meanwhile, please enjoy ... and let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

GaJ.

V4.22 uploaded to CMMODs.

This version remembers your password for the current session for the most recent site (which is probably only ever CMMODS anyhow smile.gif ).

It does _not_ save your password anywhere on your PC. It just remembers it while it's running.

If you're one of the 40-50 people who's downloaded the beta, can you let me know how it's going for you: if no-one is having any trouble (I haven't heard anything so far) then I can take the "beta" status off.

Thanks,

GaJ.