Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMAK QUESTIONS/bugs/ODDITIES thread

Gpig

The M3 Lee / Grant is listed as having two MG's: One co-ax, and one bow. AFAIK the M3 didn't have a bow MG --- there were one or two co-ax, depending on model. And what about the commander's MG turret / coppola on the Lee? I know that would be almost impossible to model with the current engine, but maybe we could get it as a flexible mount?

Originally posted by Runyan99:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

I noticed a thing that struck me as odd this afternoon. I was trying to set up a QB in the desert and I couldn't get German units until July of 1941. What I'd like to know is, was this a deliberate design decision and if so, what was the reasoning behind it? German troops were in Libya in February and there in strength in March. By April they had invested Tobruk and were on the Egyptian border.

Michael

Yep, I just noticed this too. German units should appear in April 1941. </font>

Originally posted by von Lucke:

The M3 Lee / Grant is listed as having two MG's: One co-ax, and one bow. AFAIK the M3 didn't have a bow MG --- there were one or two co-ax, depending on model. And what about the commander's MG turret / coppola on the Lee? I know that would be almost impossible to model with the current engine, but maybe we could get it as a flexible mount?

It had 2 fixed machine guns firing forwards - in this picture they're just to the left of the headlight as we look at it.

10507.jpg

and this one shows them from the inside:

grant36.jpg

Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

It had 2 fixed machine guns firing forwards - in this picture they're just to the left of the headlight as we look at it.

D'oh! Ya know, I've seen those two holes in just about every picture of the M3, and I always thought it was some kind of liscence plate holder or sumfink!

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

An alternate Italian symbol would be the star of Savoy - a five pointed star, this was worn on uniform collar tabs. Of course, pretty easy to mistake this for the US 5 pointed star, though if you're playing CM, you'll only see one symbol or the other depending on which side you are...

In fact I was thinking the very same thing, but didn't propose it just because the similarity with the US Army symbol. BTW the italian stars are not connected in any way with the traditional symbols of the Savoy dinasty, they were introduced in 1871 and are used still today in every order of dress, from cammo BD to parade uniforms to cooks' outfits etc.

Regards,

Amedeo

Originally posted by Runyan99:

German units should appear in April 1941.

I would say March at the latest. What I wondered was if there was some problem for BFC juggling the OOBs from month to month so they just decided to hold it off until all the major formations were present. That seems like if would be kind of a lame excuse, but who knows...?

Michael

Originally posted by von Lucke:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

D'oh! Ya know, I've seen those two holes in just about every picture of the M3, and I always thought it was some kind of liscence plate holder or sumfink! </font>

Was playing one of the scenarios on the disk and spotted a german 8-Rad AC.

The next turn it reversed behind a hill, but I could still spot it.

In fact, the following 4 turns it was in and out of LOS, even though it was completely behind a large hill. I had no units with LOS to it.

Anyone else experience this?

(I was playing with Extreme Fog of War.)

Gpig.

I have a CMAK Demo question, which isprobably going to sound like a stupid question, but oh well!

You plot an artillery strike, which then becomes obscured to the observer after you have established your target line, does it still fall on target or less likely to fall on target or will it be way off?

J Kruger

Originally posted by fitz:

Here is a question for you.

WOT? NO FACTORIES?

I for one will miss them.

I agree. Even if there were no "Stalingrad" type factories in Africa or Italy, the factory tiles provide one more option for designing cities in addition to the single tile strucutres. It would be nice to see them included in a patch. Put them together with the new buildings on pavement tiles (which are very nice, by the way), and you've got a pretty comprehensive set of tools for designing cities and large towns.

Originally posted by Gpig:

Was playing one of the scenarios on the disk and spotted a german 8-Rad AC.

The next turn it reversed behind a hill, but I could still spot it.

In fact, the following 4 turns it was in and out of LOS, even though it was completely behind a large hill. I had no units with LOS to it.

Anyone else experience this?

(I was playing with Extreme Fog of War.)

Gpig.

Did it fire?

When a CM vehicle which has already been spotted once in the game ever fires again then it will be shown to the opponent during firing and a time thereafter independently of whether there is LOS or not.

Yup. That there is the problem.

Hmmm, interesting that I've never noticed it before. Must not be a very BIG problem. heh.

Thanks, Redwolf

Gpig

Redwolf wrote:

Did it fire?

When a CM vehicle which has already been spotted once in the game ever fires again then it will be shown to the opponent during firing and a time thereafter independently of whether there is LOS or not.

Originally posted by Aacooper:

I've noticed, at least in the first scenario I played, artillery fire to an observed point is much less accurate than in CMBB. You can run through most of your rounds just trying to adjust to get one AT gun.

Anyone else notice this?

No problems so far. Just a handful of games though.

-dale

Originally posted by Herr Kruger:

You plot an artillery strike, which then becomes obscured to the observer after you have established your target line, does it still fall on target or less likely to fall on target or will it be way off?

Apparently CMAK has special coding not to lose precision when the LOS becomes obscured during on ongoing fire mission, e.g. when dust blocks it.

That appears to be a fix since CMBO where you could make an ongoing mission inprecise by firing smoke into the spotter's LOS.

However, in CMAK you still you cannot adjust anywhere into the dust even at the same point you currently fire at.