my tank drove off the map. is it coming back?

Originally posted by John Kettler:

MisterMark,

Sadly for you in a single battle, no, it won't. The board edge is a dangerous place where strange things can and do happen.

Regards,

John Kettler

smile.gif This happened to me in my first run through as well..you want to yell at the TC "Hpt., Halten!!" but it is too late...

As this subject has come up I am currently playing a relative noobie and the concept of deliberately driving units off had never crossed his mind. In fact he thought it would be impossible.

I vaguely remember someone suggesting it was unsporting - a view I disagreed with quite strongly. It was found that you could create a few men casualties by firing at the exit point on the turn or following turn - I cannot quite recall the detail.

Smart and undocumented design!

• 2 weeks later...

dieseltaylor,

I wasn't aware casualties could be caused as you describe, but you can be sure I'll keep this in mind in the future. On a possibly unrelated note, when you talk about "driving units off" do you mean the foe's or your own? I've done the latter on many occasions, especially in ROW where it's all about saving as many points as possible from the opponent's clutches. Am unaware I've ever forced someone off the board, but I suppose it could've happened.

Regards,

John Kettler

Is this a result of the "exit/enemy exit" feature? A boundary marked "exit" guarantees the points value of the units, other boundaries having no such reliability?

I've been playing for six years and am still finding delight in the detail of the game. Well done BFC.