Can anyone recommend Bulge battles?

Kingfish, thank you. I've downloaded Ritchie's battles, which are looking fine indeed. I also did sent Simovitch an email and requested him to send me a copy of his Elsenborn battle and others, if possible.

Richie, where can I find jbertles Bastognette and Bastognette Day 2?

[ December 26, 2005, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: Aragorn2002 ]

Hey Aragorn:

I sent you Bastognette Day 1 and Bastognette Day 2, plus a third, a (kind of) new one, also Bulge-related: Hochstetter's T, which is Skyline Drive-ish.

As a matter of fact it seems my recent scenarios are beginning to shape up to be a kind of "Faux-Bulge" battle-set with fictional scenarios that stand in for RL battles.

Sometimes the scenarios take the premise of an archetypical battle, such as "fighting in really steep terrain" or "battle in the canyons of the Our River". Other times they are RL-inspired-with-a-twist (the Bastognettes, for example).

Anyway, enjoy; more coming. At some point I'll actually update my pathetic CM site for some of these scenarios.

jbertles Tiny little CM page

Twin Villages was done by Simovitch. The BEST Bulge Scenarios are either done by him or have him as a consultant.

He has period topo maps for the entire area beside his collection of personal pictures that he has taken on his many pilgrimages to the area, along with very detailed OOB and battle AAR information.

HSG has an entire set of Bulge scenarios that we feel are very good. Simovitch was used consulted on the entire set.

I'll email those to you, if you're interested.

Originally posted by Panther Commander:

Twin Villages was done by Simovitch. The BEST Bulge Scenarios are either done by him or have him as a consultant.

Thanks PC, this is good stuff to hear.

My last trip to the ardennes a few weeks ago was highlighted by finding some foxholes on the hill above Schoenberg where the 422nd/106 and 423/106 surrendered on December 19th. Very lonely feeling up there, I can only imagine how the commanders felt when they dicovered that the Schoenberg bridge was strongly held by the 18th VG, and Otto Remer's Fuhrer Begleit was marching up the road 1/2 mile behind them. I found pieces of an M1 Garand and lots of spiked and complete ammo, chin strap buckles, and other stuff I could not identify. When I got back I contacted a guy who was there (M Co, 423rd), he sent me a bunch of maps of their starting positions on the Schnee Eifel, and where they ended up after they were ordered to break out toward Schoenberg.

Becoming connected to this event, however safe and vicariously, adds a whole new dimension to the battle and the suffering endured by the boys of "the greatest generation"