Cheery Waffles, TNT, and Maggots, oh my!

Wallybob

Originally posted by Mike:

It already swore off me - refused to recognise my account and didnt' let me do anything!! :(

Never mind - I made up for it with a good ol' fashioned thrashing of Aces and Ates in some custom-pengy-inspired CMBB scenario where I got about 2000 comrades and he got 10 P-2's and some satchel charges. He reckons the Germans actually won "in real life", but he managed to scrap up only 20 of the available 100 points, leaving me with 80.

I think they're going to let him into the Pongo thread now or something like that!!

Your account was corrupt, possibly because of the {space \} or that was a symptom. When people attacked you, the attack record didn't change. nPawn would have fixed that, had you asked.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axe, I can't find a scenario anything like the situation you wanted. Does anybody else know of a Canadian vs. German battle along the Gustav Line, with about 1,000 points? If so, please send it to Axe or me, so I won't be a gamey setup holder any more. :D:D:D

Queen YK2, the Fiefdom behavior you mentioned is far too typical. There are too many players who are very happy to throw away their own prestige (i.e. their only chance of winning) to spoil it for somebody else. Or maybe some of the real addicts are running several fiefs at a time. At this point nothing would come as much of a surprise. For a game it's gotten way too personal. So how about some friendly CMAK instead?

Oh, by the way, I attacked Mike's fief myself, plus spying on it pretty regularly, since I knew he couldn't do anything with it.

Originally posted by Dave H:

Oh, by the way, I attacked Mike's fief myself, plus spying on it pretty regularly, since I knew he couldn't do anything with it.

Now that's the sort of behaviour I expect around here!! ;)

however I am quite disappointed that I didn't get a specific mention in any Oscar acceptance speeches - stubbing my toe and felling a dozen Gondorian Soldiers following behind me with one kick of a rock was the highlight of my acting career!! ;)

Hello maggots and ladies.

I'll be spotty at best with the turns until the weekend.

My uncle, Ryan Scarr, died Sunday night from pancreatic cancer at the age of 49.

He was a goldminer, like his father before him, for most of his life. He worked deep underground in the Macassa mine in Kirkland Lake, Ontario, where we were both born. (I was his first nephew).

In the 1990s the bottoming out of the price of gold meant it cost more to bring it out of the mine than it was worth so the mine was closed in 1999.

Being a life-long resident of Kirland Lake and an avid fisherman, Ryan was loathe to leave but he realized that he needed to do so if he wanted to work. (Kirkland Lake is fast becoming a ghost town).

So he packed his bags and headed to southern Ontario. He stayed with my parents in Barrie for six months while he looked for a permanent job, all the while working in construction because his fierce work ethic dictated that he refuse to go on unemployment.

His partner of 15 years and wife of five, Kelly, found a job as a legal clerk in Aurora and Ryan went back to school, at the age of 47, to upgrade his skills. It paid off and he landed a job as a physical plant technician at Pickering's nuclear plant.

He and Kelly moved to Bradford (where Paula and I were living at the time) and I would meet him for pints at the Winchester Arms Friday afternoons. It was in that time I got to really know him well. He and Kelly eventually built a house in Aurora and were looking to spending the rest of their lives together.

As you know, he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer late last year. Paula and I saw him for the last time a week ago today and he was not the same man in body but he was in spirit, still joking when he had the strength.

He decided to die at home and, over the last five days, had his wife, four of his five sisters and his mother at his bedside. He was never alone in that time and his last words, which he could only mouth to Kelly Wednesday evening were, "I love you."

I have a friend in Halifax who once told me a saying he heard on the passing of someone in Cape Breton.

"Look on him long my son, for you'll not see his like again."

That was my uncle.

That was Ryan.

Axe, so sorry for your loss. You're truly fortunate that you were able to get to know your uncle. I have aunts and uncles and cousins still living who are little more than distant memories to me, and I know absolutely nothing about them. Death isn't the only separation that comes between people. Procrastination can separate us far more than death itself. :(:(

Kitty, so you've kicked the Fiefdom habit too? I saw I finished in fourth place by population, which was pretty good considering I skipped the last two days. There are too many egos wrapped up in it now. Now that we've gotten that particular monkey of our backs, how about some angry, TNT-chucking CMAK instead?

Originally posted by Dave H:

Kitty, so you've kicked the Fiefdom habit too? I saw I finished in fourth place by population, which was pretty good considering I skipped the last two days. There are too many egos wrapped up in it now. Now that we've gotten that particular monkey of our backs, how about some angry, TNT-chucking CMAK instead?

Not sure if I can play any more CM games right now. I already have a few going and am busy with CMMC. I have Wallybob on the waiting list too. As soon as I finish a couple of my current games I'll let you know. They're all in the later turns. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Kitty