**!IMPORTANT! MikeyD Panther G PATCH FIX!!*

Which mod I'm talking about:

-Early Panther G with Zimmerit and dish roadwheels

At our favorite site (CMBB side):

www.cmmods.com

Anyone who downloaded my Early Yellow Zimmerit Panther G for CMBB will want to redownload and REINSTALL the mod.

I figured out what happened.

The CMBB Panther G early polygon has a MAJOR flaw.

The Panther G pieces for the front fender and side rails are incorrectly positioned much too far back. That's why you get such tiny front fenders and why there's a horizontal bar running across the hull rear. The CMBB G (early) model is the only Panther with this flaw. I'm surprised in all these years nobody on the board's ever commented on this.

So, I've reuploaded my Panther G early mod with separate CMBB and CMAK hulltop bmp art to compensate for the flawed CMBB polygon.

Man, whotta pain in the arse.

screenshot:

PanthGearly2.jpg?t=1171636178

[ February 16, 2007, 06:32 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Camo one... when?

Whenever you're up for it! ;)

I uploaded this mod because I didn't feel right doing an ahistoric yellow steel-wheeled G. The camou G is going to be the non-Zim steel-wheel version. And after that comes the late G (LOTS of alterations to do for that, plus ambush scheme) and if I'm not thoroughly sick of the Panthers by then I can come back to a camou early Zimm'd G . Whew, I got tired just explaining it! Do you know how much TV I've been missing lately because of these? :eek: :rolleyes:

The Mighty MikeyD is at it again.

There appears to be a minor alignment problem on the rear engine deck. The cooling fans seem a little bit towards the rear too much, from your screen cap, this would appear to be a PC issue versus the Mac for some reason.

Wasn't going to mention this, but I also noticed on the D's and the early A that that MG port slot cover seemed outa line with BTS's hardcoded rise for that thing. I tried to realign on those god awful whiewashed versions of mine, didn't do to good a job of it, I assume the placements again must be different between the two computer platforms?.

Thanks for the great rocking mods dude.

Below added in edit.

I actually eyeballed the tank again and from what I can seen the whole top bmp on a PC version of the game, seems to far back towards the rear of the tank.

I can post a screenie if you'd like to see what I mean.

[ February 15, 2007, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: DEY ]

Noticed the same thing - somehow the placement of the texture just isn't right. Had this problem before with another mod and just reworked the BMP, though that's maybe not the best solution...

@DEY: I fixed the issue with the MG port cover - if you want, I'll upload a yellow version of the modified Panthers as well.

If you can give me a number on how far to move the fans ('Move those fans 3 pixels down', for instance) I could put mac/pc variant art into the folders. And is only that grate alligning funny or is it the whole assembly including the bolt-down fan housings?

Another thought - I'm working in CMAK - do you think the CMAK and CMBB Panther polygons are slightly different? Something for me to check out tonight.

The bow mg 'letterbox' art on those As and Ds is misalligned on purpose. The polygon 'bump 'is way too low and badly positioned. And if you do manage to drop the art directly over the bump it looks all warped & creepy. I decided an acceptible compromise was to avoid that bow mg bump entirely ...or as much as I could.

It's very strange stuff happening, the rear engine deck cover is too far back as is the front crew hatches and the mg port top, driver vision scope.

The thing is all these parts have to be aligned separate from each other. Then there is the turret hole, considering the back top needs to move ahead some, but the front end needs to move ahead still more... if ya get my drift, though the hole is hidden under the turret, at least when it's pointing forward.

I used the default artwork as a template for placement, I have a reworked bmp from using that method, well at least just finishing it up at this point in time.

If you don't feel up to doing that I could email ya my reworked BMP.

And the polygons, for that matter, ARE different. it seems as if they worked a few of them over, although they didn't correct all the faults...

Look closely at the front fenders of the early G in BB and at the storage boxes - then you'll see what I mean!

By the way, I repositioned the bow mg art OVER the bump and interestingly it doesn't look very warped... Just check my W.I.P. thread - these screenshots show how it looks.

Maybe this is another issue entirely with the different versions...?

Okay it would appear game specific and not platform specific, though there certainly are issue's in that regard.

I just checked your new BB bmp, fits her to a T.

There does seem to be a minor glitch with the cmak version though. I only did a quick side by side comparison last night and noticed the crew hatches didn't line up, which is the case in game, the hatches are behind the crew men. But everything else is right on the money.

It would seem that half ring for the scope would have to go, in order to fix that.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1264/cmakmdpgearlyfk5.th.jpg' alt='cmakmdpgearlyfk5.th.jpg'>

Again great stuff dude, oh by the way I'm only running a geforce4- 4200.

Huh, usually I've found that crew placement in CMBB is a bit sloppier than in CMAK. If you recall i had to do a CMBB patch for my fenderless Tiger I (late) because the driver's butt projected down into view - in CMAK the driver figure was deleted entirely! That CMAK driver looks adjusted to fit right over an 'A' hatch.

[ February 16, 2007, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Mikey, a Panther mod question for you...

I've loaded all your Panthers, love em, but am wondering about the 'decal' numbers.

The Panther D (early) has bmp 12542 and then the reverse number on bmp 12555...it works great, don't the other models have that extra turret side bmp? As is, if you use the decal number it looks right on one side and reversed on the other. or did I mess something up?

Shoeman