Water Crossing Vehicles

Hi,

I think there should be at least one Amphibious armour unit for each side. This would allow some interesting scenario's involving the A-Boats. Right now, it would be difficult to do say a QB map with A-Boats. You would want to bring some Amphibious vehicles with you!

Originally posted by Quintus:

AFAIK there are no amphibious vehicles in Combat Mission.

Nor is the ability of the European Hamster (Cricetus cricetus) to inflate its' cheek pouches as a bouyancy aid while crossing rivers modelled in the SS-hamstertruppen.

BTS pleez fix or somefink ;)

Nor is the ability of the European Hamster (Cricetus cricetus) to inflate its' cheek pouches as a bouyancy aid while crossing rivers modelled in the SS-hamstertruppen.

OMG! This is true! They're not modelled (I had thought they were by mistaking a stug for one of them). This is almost as much a travesty as the lack of motorcycle riding horses!

I would have liked these for a scenario I drew up about Crossing The Bug in 1941, when Tauchpanzer (Panzers modified for deep water wading for Sealion, never used, put into mothballs until Barbarossa)were used; I had to simulate the crossing with infantry in assault boats, and tanks joining on the flanks a few moves in... oh well.

some of the russian tankettes (early war?) should be amphifibious (sp?)

their models even have the propellor on the back

actually when i noticed the propellor for the first time for a second i thought whoa have they modelled amphi... vehicles ingame and made test in scenario editor but couldnt drive it to water :rolleyes:

well its still cool looking with the propellor

What vehicles can cross water ?

Anything Amphibious in this game ?

I know about the A-Boats, thx!

Signed,

Dr. Giggles

On the same day in alt.games.combat-mission by gunny bunny:

Is there any Amphibious Vehicles in CMBB ?

If so, what are the names and time period of availability ?

Yes, I know about the Assault Boats !

Thanks,

--

alt.fishing.muskellunge

Could you please request your ISP to add it!

http://musky_killer13.tripod.com/alt.fishing.muskellunge.htm

Can one assume that Dr. Giggles is the infamous (and banned) Gunny Bunny?

AFAIK there are no amphibious vehicles in Combat Mission.

BTS pleez fix or somefink ;)

As far as I am aware, its not even certain that the SS-hamstertruppen ever saw action before the end of the war. You should be glad they are moddled at all !

Now the white rabbits - they were real killers. Very nasty.

Probably the big teeth I expect....

Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

All vehicles can cross water.

Just use bridges or shallow fords... ;)

Cheers

Olle

To develop this point--if you fill your river or shoreline with "shallow ford" tiles, every vehicle in the game becomes amphibious. We didn't have this in CMBO--would have come in very handy for the Pacific War mod...

Originally posted by depawel:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />What vehicles can cross water ?

Anything Amphibious in this game ?

I know about the A-Boats, thx!

Signed,

Dr. Giggles

On the same day in alt.games.combat-mission by gunny bunny:

Is there any Amphibious Vehicles in CMBB ?

If so, what are the names and time period of availability ?

Yes, I know about the Assault Boats !

Thanks,

--

alt.fishing.muskellunge

Could you please request your ISP to add it!

http://musky_killer13.tripod.com/alt.fishing.muskellunge.htm

Can one assume that Dr. Giggles is the infamous (and banned) Gunny Bunny? </font>

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A editor trick you can use, if you want to have (immobile) amphib units is to place them on open ground or similar then change it to water. (You can use the same to place them inside buildings, woods, etc. All of which cause them to be immoble.) To make it look realistic, have the vehicle "dug in" and the position locked.

Mike

Forgot to answer this: Normal German HTs were not ampib. The only CMBB aphibs are the T-37/38 and the T-40s, as modeled in the game. Later T-40s were uparmored, not ampib, and nearly pointless. I think they led to the T-60, but not sure without looking it up. (Not that there is much of a point to the T-60.) The only real amphib in the game is the assault boat available in the editor.

Mike