Peng, why hast thou forsaken my challenge?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Leutnant Hortlund:

NOOOOOooooooooo

I just upgraded to v1.2 without reading the readme first.

Draw your own conclusions from that.

I concede defeat in all my pbem games.

CRAP!

You'll not escape that easily you Scandinavian Git. I will convert the file and sent it to you. (Once again a mere serf must make up for the mistakes of his "betters.")

Hmm..maybe not all is lost.

Rat, didn't you say the last file you sent me was saved in v1.02? And Goodey, if you would do such a thing, I would immideately call off at least half of the 17 Soviet ex special forces hitmen I have out looking for you.

-Quick Heidi, Call Ivan and cancel the contract on Goodey.

-Oh and double the bonus on the others.

Originally posted by Elvis:

Hey Emma....Who are these hammerheads? Jesus H Christ I'm glad Berli is still around. Keeps me grounded. These are worse knuckleheads than the old knuckleheads. I've got chunks of these guys in my stool.

I suspect those hammerheads look upon the Peng Thread as something to conquer.(I'm gonna show them) tactics.

Or maybe they see the MBT as not being part of the CM community so therefore find it difficult to understand the point of it's existence, and instead of doing a search as to what the Peng Thread is all about,(if anything) they just barge in full throttle and let it rip...............................

I feel no anger towards such people, as I have come to realise that behind ALMOST every single one of those hammerheads is a well meaning (real person) struggling to get out.

Of course that is only my opinion, and I don't expect anyone to agree, (especially said hammerheads). Sending people to Coventry may be one way of handling the situation, but rarely works and IMO only tends to rile people even more, So in doing so we actually add fule to the fire.

On the other hand, if people really DO NOT like what the Peng thread is all about, and they find it all just a little bit too much to comprehend, then I suggest they go post elsewhere and leave us to our fate...

They can throw as many insults and wind me up till their little hearts are content, but I wont let them spoil the fun I have here in the MBT, not that I am hard and beyond being offended (on the contrary)..I just refuse to bring myself down to their level, unless of course they really poke me, (or anyone else for that matter) then I'll get angry... and trust me, no one would like me when I'm angry............

10052499.jpg

Oh and Elvis

I've got chunks of these guys in my stool.
That explains the red eyes..... ;)

Mgilney sputtered:

Of course, I don't know any of this as Vadr has yet to mail the turn.
I *DID* mail the turn ya feckin' Git. I E-mailed it to the address you sent me. I shall now bomb your regular in-box with the rather large file, since you either:

A - Can't figure out how to check the "other" account

B - Never had the "other" account in the first place.

See my Liege and fellow Cesspoolers? I told you he was a tricky one.

Oh and Mulcher, I'll expect you to both correctly spell and bold my name. I am a Squire of the Pool damn yer eyes!

Originally posted by Leutnant Hortlund:

Hmm..maybe not all is lost.

Rat, didn't you say the last file you sent me was saved in v1.02? And Goodey, if you would do such a thing, I would immideately call off at least half of the 17 Soviet ex special forces hitmen I have out looking for you.

-Quick Heidi, Call Ivan and cancel the contract on Goodey.

-Oh and double the bonus on the others.

Hortlund, your ploy of upgrading to new release of game and then claiming "ignorance" of the methods of saving in-progress PBEMs will not work here. You will note in your in-box that a converted file of our little ditty is awaiting you. You will not escape the righteous wrath of the Rodina that easily.

Originally posted by Elvis:

Hey Emma....Who are these hammerheads? Jesus H Christ I'm glad Berli is still around. Keeps me grounded. These are worse knuckleheads than the old knuckleheads. I've got chunks of these guys in my stool.

Wankers!

Well, lessee here...time for a Gamey update Ah Reckon'

Von Lauchert was right, as lenakonrad is learning to his displeasure. Man it is fun killing T-34s at 2km!

Nidan1 has a big tank, the pillock. I shall charge it with Molotovs. Send my regards to the Rodina

Gaylord Focker is MIA (again). Send me a turn you Git. What? Did those BT-7s out on your flank scare you that badly?

Since edelbert can't be connived into a game (he's scared I tell you), I guess I'll give that Helen Reddy lovin' dalem creature a rematch.

Hey dalem send me something with 'splody things, clanky things, and maybe some more 'splody things.

Oh and the rest of you can just Sod Off. Roight.

Originally posted by YK2:

Someone has a Birthday..

And on St Valentines day no less.....

**Happy Birthday Cabbage**

Thanks for Remembering, Milady. Nearly made my leaves rustle, it did!

A Happy Valentine's Day to you, Emma.

The rest of these louts are fit only as victims for the 2nd Massacre. Now where did I put my chopper...

Oh, and it also happens to be the Birthday of the glorious state of Oregon.

Originally posted by Leeo:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YK2:

Someone has a Birthday..

And on St Valentines day no less.....

**Happy Birthday Cabbage**

Thanks for Remembering, Milady. Nearly made my leaves rustle, it did!

A Happy Valentine's Day to you, Emma.

The rest of these louts are fit only as victims for the 2nd Massacre. Now where did I put my chopper...

Oh, and it also happens to be the Birthday of the glorious state of Oregon. </font>

Originally posted by macguyver:

Edit: The Right Honorable MrSpkr, Esq., seems to know a hell of a lot more about this scenario than I do.

Sigh. Have your big sister read you the scenario briefings --- you know, all those boring old word thingies that pop up before you can start moving the tanks and little soljer guys around?

You'll note that, as a lead designer for Ker Dessel*, I authored Desert Redux.

Pillock.

Steve

*Ker Dessel -- When you want to play CM in the WORST way!

Happy Birthday to ... whoever has a birthday that I missed.

Happy Valentines Day to the Lovely Ladies of the CessPool without whom we'd have ZERO style around here.

Happy ... oh wait I'm done with that.

MrSpkr, I'm afraid our young MacHinery lad doesn't really understand a few things:

(S} Ker Dessel* is a CM Design Studio crewed by the combined talents of ... well, you and me not to put too fine a point on it.

[O) YOUR skills lie mainly (if at all) in the field of Scenario Design ... more or less ... give or take ... plus or minus.

D)) MY skills are in BOTH scenario design (who can forget the triumph that was Jabo!) AND in writing the gripping briefings that accompany the scenarios.

{_} YOU didn't attach a briefing to the scenario you sent me. Good thing all in all as it would have been lacking ... I mean just look at your posts HERE.

(O}}} Under the press of time I was unable to craft a briefing that I could attach to Desert Redux.

{F: A briefing wouldn't have helped a great deal in any case as it was a pretty clear case of ... SEE THAT FLAG? ... TAKE IT! It comes as no surprise that MacHinery would have difficulty with that concept.

(F) Finally, and this is the REALLY amusing part, do you suppose that he actually thought that a Ker Dessel* scenario briefing would ... I don't know ... tell the truth?

Joe

p.s. OGSF is the ONLY participant who is allowed to post in dialect. If this Bulgedrat continues I suggest we keelhaul him.

*Ker Dessel - When You Want To Play CM In The WORST Way!

[ February 14, 2003, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Happy Birthday to ... whoever has a birthday that I missed.

Happy Valentines Day to the Lovely Ladies of the CessPool without whom we'd have ZERO style around here.

Happy ... oh wait I'm done with that.

MrSpkr, I'm afraid our young MacHinery lad doesn't really understand a few things:

(S} Ker Dessel* is a CM Design Studio crewed by the combined talents of ... well, you and me not to put too fine a point on it.

[O) YOUR skills lie mainly (if at all) in the field of Scenario Design ... more or less ... give or take ... plus or minus.

D)) MY skills are in BOTH scenario design (who can forget the triumph that was Jabo!) AND in writing the gripping briefings that accompany the scenarios.

{_} YOU didn't attach a briefing to the scenario you sent me. Good thing all in all as it would have been lacking ... I mean just look at your posts HERE.

(O}}} Under the press of time I was unable to craft a briefing that I could attach to Desert Redux.

{F: A briefing wouldn't have helped a great deal in any case as it was a pretty clear case of ... SEE THAT FLAG? ... TAKE IT! It comes as no surprise that MacHinery would have difficulty with that concept.

(F) Finally, and this is the REALLY amusing part, do you suppose that he actually thought that a Ker Dessel* scenario briefing would ... I don't know ... tell the truth?

Joe

p.s. OGSF is the ONLY participant who is allowed to post in dialect. If this Bulgedrat continues I suggest we keelhaul him.

*Ker Dessel - When You Want To Play CM In The WORST Way!

No briefings attached?

My word man -- do you realize what you've done?

You gave him the . . .

GASP!!! . . .

BETA VERSION!!!

No wonder he's having troubles . . .

Steve